We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rose Hall ??????

Alabama
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Topic
Rose Hall ??????

I am thinking of planning a trip to Rose Hall. Will be taking 2 kids ages 7 and 9. IS this a family place or should I try something else. Went to Breezes last year and was not that impressed. I do want an AL. Thanks!

Level Contributor
1,454 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Rose Hall ??????

Ilike all the places to eat with 3 palms being my favorite; never hada problem with making reservations & have never been turned down. Snorkeling isn't very good unless you go out some to the reef; they charge extra for that (glass bottom boat) etc. The entertainment consists of reggae bands in the afternoon at the waterpark & evening bands as well. It varies in the evening as they try to please everyone of all ages. You can get drinks poolside, but, service is iffy when they are busy, but, it's only a short walk to the bar, plus, there is a water bar at the waterpark.

Treat all of the staff with a smile & take time to get to know them; an occaisional tip, for good service, is always appreciated. I get off the resort some & hire a personal driver & it's soooooo much better than the tours the resort sells. Hope this helps some; if you need any other help, don't hesitate to ask......dan

Tampa Bay
Level Contributor
37 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Rose Hall ??????

Hello,

Just returned from Rose Hall with my husband and 2 sons, ages 11 and 9. (Literally, we just left the hotel today!) The grounds and waterpark are great! Even though the beach is long and narrow, still plenty of room and plenty of chairs. Had a beach volleyball area and basketball court. There is always staff waiting to take you out sailboating, kayaking, etc. I didn't do many of the excursions bec. my boys met friends and didn't want to leave the resort. I had many doubts bec. of the reviews on this website. The food was good. The restaurants Three Palms and Luna were very good, esp. the Three Palms. I could have eaten there more than once. We actually had 2 reservations for the Italian rest. but we blew our reservation for the last night bec. we couldn't leave the beach volleyball games. The only downer of this resort was that the rooms were nothing special and dated. They also were noisy because the room doors close with a great force, you would hear the doors slam all over. If this would bother you (at night), I would look into a sound soother to use at night. Many people travel with these. We only showered and slept in our rooms. The rooms were clean but just dated. We always saw security walking around. I let my boys roam a lot here around the pool and beach with no hesitation. Never felt unsafe.

The rooms had everything you needed plus free use of room safe. We did AI and well worth it bec. drinks were 6.00 plus tax and 10% grat. on just a small (maybe 8 oz ) cup. I never signed for anything, anytime EXCEPT for leaving extra tips at the 2 special restaurants. The only time you sign on AI is when you are purchasing a drink that is using premium alcohol(and the staff will inform you). I did see people signing and that was non-AI plans.

Most of the time, people went up to bars or swam up to the swim up bars. I did see a waiter a few times serving drinks on the beach.

I stayed here bec. of the waterpark and so glad I did. The resort grounds are just beautiful, the entertainment staff are busy planning games for kids to play and win. There was always a reggae band playing from about 6pm til about 9pm or later. There was almost always nightly entertainment. The hotel is well off the main road which I liked. I noticed from the bus we took from the airport that many hotels are only a few 100 ft off the main road, if that. One of these was the Holiday Inn Sunspree.

Hope this helps!

Glen Rock, New...
Level Contributor
170 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Rose Hall ??????

hi thanks for all the good advice. Does anyone know if you can use the waterpark facilities if you are staying at other resorts/hotels nearby.

Tampa Bay
Level Contributor
37 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Rose Hall ??????

I doubt that you can use the waterpark facilities if you are staying elsewhere. Don't know of any partnership this resort has with another hotel nearby. We had to be let in by security to enter this resort.

Washington, D.C.
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
15. Re: Rose Hall ??????

Having just returned from Rose Hall last night I would suggest that you rethink your choice. In a review of the hotel I said that it was definately run down and not too clean It reminds me of the type of place that you stay in when you are broke and in college for beach week, not an ideal place for our two teenage girls at all. The food is just awful no matter whether buffet or in the two restaurants. The water park is fun but it gets really crowded! The beach is the nicest part of the resort. Good luck in getting out of this dump.

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
505 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Rose Hall ??????

Clifford, can you elaborate on your complaints?

What specifically was so bad?

What hotels have you been to that were better and why?

What other hotels did you consider for your trip?

Any details would be very appreciated by everyone reading this board. Thanks!

Level Contributor
255 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Rose Hall ??????

Hi Clifford,

Sorry to hear about the Rose Hall - we'er booked there too. I know you had concerns before you left about the all inclusive plan - please give some specifics

about your trip.

Thanks!

Washington, D.C.
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
18. Re: Rose Hall ??????

I replied to Margie's post earlier w/ specifics about Rose Hall but would like to add that we did do a review of the hotel on that sight that has not been posted. It was very specific about our dislikes and the positive of the water park and beach.

The hotel is just very run down and slightly dirty. The food was not so good. The crowd was "iffy" and we were not comfortable there w/ teenagers. We also hated the constant stench of cigarette smoke everywhere.

We were very glad to leave and I have not felt that way in traveling before.

Level Contributor
145 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Rose Hall ??????

We travelled to Rose Hall 3 years ago and I am shocked by the negative reviews lately. Does this have to do with the change of ownership?

Granted we had a larger room on the top floor overlooking the golf course and sea. The resort was a little quiet when we were there, but the food was awesome and there was always tons of fresh fruit (they even brought a huge basket of fruit, wine, cheeses, and crackers to my room!).

We loved it here and talked about going back but it has gotten a bit pricey.

Tampa Bay
Level Contributor
37 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Rose Hall ??????

Like I said before, the rooms are dated but clean. The hotel is dated but clean. If you need a room that has new tile and swanky, go to another place. If it is going to ruin your vacation that there is dated wallpaper on the bathroom wall, go to another place. I slept in my room...and showered. I could care less if the tile was older but it better be clean. My room was on the west side overlooking the golf course and ocean. Would recommend...quieter and beautiful. We always saw staff sweeping and cleaning. During our stay, there were a lot of Europeans on holiday and we did see a lot of smokers. But I don't know where you can go that they prohibit smoking....this is not just at the Rose Hall. I had boys 11 and 9 and not once did I fear for their safety. The waterpark gets crowded but there are always enough rafts. My husband and I thought the food at Three Palms was excellent and the Luna rest. just ok but it was never awful. The Waffle House is an awful place. Please! The buffet (Terrace) gets boring but there are alternatives like the Pool Grille and Java's Joe's. Java Joe's had excellent salads.

I was on pins and needles driving up to this place because of this site and was so relaxed when we got there. Use your common sense when reading these reviews and see that there seems to be comments that keep duplicating like boring buffet.

Enjoy!