We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Laundry Service?

Canada
Level Contributor
150 posts
Save Topic
Laundry Service?

We are travelling to Jamaica, Feb 22 to March 8. We are spending 7 nights at the Sunset Jamaica Grande and 7 at the Sunset Beach Resort.

I see there is no laundry service at the SJG and I don't believe there is anything at the Sunset Beach Resort. We usually like to do a few loads between weeks (less stuff to pack too). Any ideas/suggestions???

Thanks in advance,

Canuck Dad.

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio, Treasure Beach
Level Contributor
13,006 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Laundry Service?

Hmm. I would htink you could arrange to get laundry done, it's hardly an odd request.

We wear so little when in JA that we get away with just hand washing and hanging to dry most things.

Birmingham/uk
Level Contributor
9,038 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Laundry Service?

jjackson01,

Have you seen my answer on the other thread?

The SJG are in the process of planning for a laundry service but they have not got one just yet.

However, you will be able to walk to the town where there is a landry servce. That's a bit of an headache but better than nothing.

Cuenca, Spain
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
Level Contributor
9,786 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Laundry Service?

Hello canuck dad,

Have a nice talk with the hotel´s house keeper or the maid that is in charge of your room.

Allow her at least two days and she will keep everything sparkeling clean and pressed for you. All for a minimal fee which she gets to keep if you deal dierctly with her.

Downingtown, PA
Level Contributor
420 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Laundry Service?

HI i was just at ssb last week, they have laundry machines available...it is 350 JA for a load in the washing machine (the dryers are free) and the detergent is in the gift shop. you buy the laundry token from the cashier...

there are only 2 washers and dryers...although i did laundry 2x when i was there and never had to wait.

have fun!