We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation needed while staying at Holiday Inn in Feb/06

Pembroke, Ontario
Level Contributor
65 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Transportation needed while staying at Holiday Inn in Feb/06

Hi Everyone:

Really enjoy reading your reviews. I have been to Jamaica many times. There was always just two of us and I was able to arrange transportaton with a local driver who was also a great guide. In Feb. there will be four women and will require a larger car or a small van. Can anyone recommend a trustworthy driver who would drive us around Montego Bay to shop, night clubs, airport, etc? The taxi drivers at the Holiday Inn are so expensive. Would appreciate any recommendations, phone numbers so I could contact before I leave Canada to meet us at airport. Love Jamaica and can't wait to go again!! Irie!

Juta

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
470 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation needed while staying at Holiday Inn in Feb/06

JutaJam,

We will be there in jan, and you might want to try Talk of the Town tours... That is who we are going to use while were there....

Amazing reviews and I have been in contact with them via email! Look under other reviews as they use the name TOTT as an abreviation (sp).

Any questions just ask!

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
470 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation needed while staying at Holiday Inn in Feb/06

Here is the email

TALK OF THE TOWN TOURS [s_kerr@anbell.net]

Enjoy!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation needed while staying at Holiday Inn in Feb/06

Here the name and contact info for the driver me and my wife ued on are honeymoon ...Great price and very safe informative and very reliable he works for Jamaica's Panorama Tours Limited.........

Ricard Lyle

# 876-836-9207

876-909-9345

976-383-5071

jampan@iname.com

Pembroke, Ontario
Level Contributor
65 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation needed while staying at Holiday Inn in Feb/06

HI:

Thanks Smarks101 and PeaceontheBeach for your info on transportaiton around Mob Bay.

I contacted Talk of the Town and had a reply that he is stationed in Negril and too far away for taxi service at Holiday Inn.

Will be watching for your review Smarks101 when you return in January.

Best regards.

Juta

Baton Rouge, LA
Level Contributor
621 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportation needed while staying at Holiday Inn in Feb/06

Hi, JutaJam!

The honest contacts thread has several drivers in Mobay that other jamaicaholics here have recommended. :)

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147309-i69-k17558…

There are a few on the first page of the thread.

Also, have you used the route taxis when you were there before? They are so cheap, and the ones that I took were station wagons that would have just enough room for the four of you. Some are small vans too. I don't remember the route in Mobay, but I know that they can take you from the aiport to the Hip Strip, and they run along the highway east of the airport headed to Runaway Bay, you would just have to wave at the taxi when you see it. It seems like for going around the area, this would be the easiest.

Are you guys planning to do any excurions? That sounds so exciting, having a girls' getaway. I hope that you guys have a wonderful time!!

-Leah

Pembroke, Ontario
Level Contributor
65 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transportation needed while staying at Holiday Inn in Feb/06

Hi Leah:

Many thanks for your information. It is most helpful. I have been all over Jamaica in the past. The 3 women travelling with me this time have not been there before so I will try and show them around as much as possible.

Thanks again.

Juta

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
470 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Transportation needed while staying at Holiday Inn in Feb/06

JUTA,

Def will give a full report on everything.... My boss and one of my co workers just got back from a cruise in MO Bay, different ships, but both said they had an amazing time.....

Dreaming of Jamaica sun, beach's and rum!!

One!

Brick, New Jersey
Level Contributor
416 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transportation needed while staying at Holiday Inn in Feb/06

Hi being a travel agent I have my preferences. I love Solomon at talk of the town. If you need their email address or telephone number please email me and I will be happy to forward it to you.

michele@thetravelsmiths.com

Hollister...
Level Contributor
84 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Transportation needed while staying at Holiday Inn in Feb/06

Ken Smythe runs a service that employs mutltiple drivers and he has vehicles ranging from cars to buses. He's usually in the airport, is always available by cell, and can match with the right personality driver.

For example, we had about 40 people come from the States for our wedding. We had 2 buses and 2 drivers. One guy (Levan) was older, a little more sedate, and very helpful around the villa. The other (Greg) was younger, knew where all the best parties were, and got us places quickly. Both groups were happy with their driver.

You can contact Ken (Renville) Smith(Discover Jamaica)at:

876-956-5450

876-609-4408 (fax)

876-772-3631/381-2674 (cell)

Pembroke, Ontario
Level Contributor
65 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Transportation needed while staying at Holiday Inn in Feb/06

Hi Bleacherdave:

Many thanks for your info re taxi drivers.

Really appreciate you taking the time to give me that information.

Best Holiday Greetings.

Juta