We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandals Royal Caribbean Clothing Optional Island

Springfield, OH
Level Contributor
362 posts
96 reviews
Save Topic
Sandals Royal Caribbean Clothing Optional Island

I read where the Sandals Royal Caribbean's Private Island is clothing optional. Is that for the whole island? We definitely are not nudists, but we would really like to go to the island.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
900 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandals Royal Caribbean Clothing Optional Island

There is one side of the island that is clothing optional. That's the back side of the island facing away from the resort.

Springfield, OH
Level Contributor
362 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandals Royal Caribbean Clothing Optional Island

That's good. I would hate to miss out on the Private Island. Is it really clothing optional, or just tops optional? We've seen topless bathers at other Sandals resorts--no big deal.

Rancho Santa...
Level Contributor
1,618 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandals Royal Caribbean Clothing Optional Island

when we were there there were like only 4 loungers on the clothing optional part and there were two overweight older couples completely nude there which we wish we hadn't walked that way.. as we just walked completely around the island.. then went to the pool and the bar there, however the lunch is really good on the island jerk chicken and fish and salads..

Springfield, OH
Level Contributor
362 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sandals Royal Caribbean Clothing Optional Island

Is it marked where the Clothing Optional begins?

Rancho Santa...
Level Contributor
1,618 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sandals Royal Caribbean Clothing Optional Island

yes there are signs on the pathways clearly marking the area! the area is fairly small.. picture this, place a ruler on the table in front of you with the inches on the top, say that is the island the nude part is between inch 2 and 4 maybe to five and due to all the folliage you cannot see that part from anywhere unless you are standing there! the boat ride over lets you off on the bottom of the ruler around the 1inch mark the pool and bar are right to your right hand side after walking off the dock and the restaurant is just past the pool and bar so unless you were lookin for clothing optional part you'd never see it!

Springfield, OH
Level Contributor
362 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sandals Royal Caribbean Clothing Optional Island

That's great. Thank you so much for the info.

Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
Level Contributor
8,672 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sandals Royal Caribbean Clothing Optional Island

on one of our visits to the island there was a topless bather on the beach fronting the island near the pier. Also, a nude bather was wading in the water just on the other side of the pier. I mention it only so you aren't concerned that you might mistakenly be on the "cothing optional" side of the island! There is a sign clearly marking the path to the CO beach, but since the CO beach wraps around the back and side of the island, it's possible that some of the swimmers who are cooling off in the surf might be visible.

Milford, Iowa
Level Contributor
3,167 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sandals Royal Caribbean Clothing Optional Island

I just came back from a 4 night stay here and agree with everything posted except the chair count on the CO side. There are more like 14 or so loungers and a couple of wooden Adirondack style chairs over there since the island has become more & more popular. The majority was either clothed or ladies going topless.

Lunch is fantastic, so make sure to give that a try.

Wells, MN
Level Contributor
1,382 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sandals Royal Caribbean Clothing Optional Island

You'll actually find that the chair count goes up and down, people move them arounf the island so if you can't find what you need they tend to find the move them from one side to the other. Most of the time it's topless but you never know. The first time I went topless I was very nervous, now it dosn't bother me. People who are topless-naked carry on conversations with people in swimsuits, in the water on the beach (just on the one side). We have actually noted that the poeple on the clothing optional side tend to be more talkative then those at the regular beach (whether they have clothes or not dosn't seem to make a dif) I guess that if you are comfortable being topless etc, or you are comfortable being around people as so, a person must have a little bit of a more open ( accepting) way of life. It's actually nice to not have tan lines!!

10. Re: Sandals Royal Caribbean Clothing Optional Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, December 14, 2010