We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sunset beach and royal decam. mb and where is it not safe

va
Level Contributor
89 posts
Save Topic
sunset beach and royal decam. mb and where is it not safe

explain where it is not safe , travel agent said we would not want rdmb, said no amenitys,small and too out, whatever thats means, she suggested sunset beach. we have one grandbaby 1 year old we will take turns watching him while others do adult stuff, we like to party, but want a beautiful, clean resort, good food all inclusive, not fancy, just clean, clean. we are humble, good tippers

want actionnear resort and away, will pay for transportation,private, should we check out the hendnisms and what are they? what is red stripe? is it safe to try ganga all info apprec. and wher would you stay, near airport and hipstrip? and what about gambling?

va
Level Contributor
89 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: sunset beach and royal decam. mb and where is it not safe

does the food really suck at rdmb compared to ssb , we will eat there a lot and if the food is bad , duh! we were in aruba in november and could choose between two resorts to eat at and

only ate at the tam but once, always hit the bars, back and forth, i really liked that deal. never wait but a few, did not mind that,

and which rooms are the best to stay at near the bar and quick food, at both places, one person says food is bad and another says its good. one review said the rdmb pizza is only ketsup

Egg Harbor...
Level Contributor
60 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: sunset beach and royal decam. mb and where is it not safe

If you go to ssb stay in the inn part of the resort. It is right by the water park and it's own pool. There is also a bar right next to both and the snack hut which serves the pizza, burgers, fries, etc.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
557 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: sunset beach and royal decam. mb and where is it not safe

The jerk chicken at SSB is some of the BEST in MB and you can get it anytime you want at the snack bar. The food at the RDMB is OK, with breakfast being the best meal of the day.

Yes the food at RDMB is sort of tasteless but it's like that at a lot of all-inclusives.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
557 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: sunset beach and royal decam. mb and where is it not safe

Actually, the food at RDMB was very good this FEB/Mar trip. I was very impressed at the flavors, colors and the displays. They have a sandwich bar at lunch with toasted subs. The deserts are always delish as they are homemade and no one knows what to do with sugar better than a Jamaican.

It seems that after a year of being reopened at the RDMB they have just about perfected the buffet faire with local and international dishes.

Very good food.

St. Louis MO
8 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: sunset beach and royal decam. mb and where is it not safe

Just got back from rdmb. I have also been to ssb. I think the food is MUCH better at RDMB. I am picky, and I was hungry at SSB! I had lots to eat at RDMB. I like the size and layout of RDMB much better, I would go there as my first choice.

Wichita, Kansas
Level Contributor
112 posts
1 review
Save Reply
16. Re: sunset beach and royal decam. mb and where is it not safe

Fruity1,

We haven't been to SSB but we just got back from RDMB and had an awesome time. Food was very good( great wings at the grill ). The rooms are spotless and so is the rest of the resort. As far as walking outside the resort, it was no big deal. No one was ever rude. Just tell them you're not interested and they will leave you alone. Spectacular views from the rooms. We met Caribbean Traveler1 there and had a great time hanging out. You just can't beat the value for the price. Whatever you decide, have a great time.