We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

holiday in sunspree night life????

newmarket, ontario...
12 posts
Save Topic
holiday in sunspree night life????

sorry to bother you all.. I have read that there is not much ngiht fun to be had at this resort and am wondering if this is true. As 2 20something girls looking to relax but still have fun is this possible at this resort??

Whitby, Ontario
Level Contributor
15 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: holiday in sunspree night life????

Hey I just got back from the Holiday Inn Sunspree in Montego Bay and there wasn't a great nightlife, but there was a few places to go. It was never packed (Like Cancun) but there is a Disco at the resort that was pretty good on certain nights when all the younger crowd were there.

There is also a free shuttle to Margaritaville's and that club was really good, but it also wasn't very packed.

I think it depends on the time of year that you go. March would be the best for young people (spring break).

But I'm 23 and there were lots of younger 20's at my resort and we had a great time.

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
470 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: holiday in sunspree night life????

hey, thanks for the report......

SO there were younger crowed there... What would you say the ratio was...? Did it turn into a spring break type atmosphere at all...? What was it like during the day? Any cool contests at the pool or on the beach, made for younger people??? How was the staff? Food? Drink service? Thanks in advance!!!!

pittsburgh
Level Contributor
722 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: holiday in sunspree night life????

smarks101 -

I was there in January of last year. Resort was probably about 70% families. They have entertainment at the pools everyday but it seems to be the same thing everyday !!!

They did a beer drinking contest (our favorite) jamaican trivia (after 3 days we knew all the answers) dance lessons and a couple of other ones. Nothing to write home about that's for sure. We've been to Sandals Mobay and their was no comparison in the entertainment!!! It's not wild and crazy by any means.

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
470 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: holiday in sunspree night life????

Liking the beer drinking contest.....

Thanks

Whitby, Ontario
Level Contributor
15 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: holiday in sunspree night life????

It was alot of families with small children, adult couples, a few younger couple's in their 20's, and a few groups of early 20's. A good mix of everything actually.

I would say the Holiday Inn attracts just about everyone.

This time of year though, mostly families are traveling. But I was surprised I met alot of younger people my age (around 23-26)! Even met a couple that lives in my area, about 15min away. So we left with some new friends.. lol how nice.

Margaritaville was good though... all people in their 20's. Not sure how busy it would be in January... but I was pretty impressed with the turnout at this time of year, since most people aren't traveling/saving $ for Christmas.

I left a review for the Hotel, should be up soon.

I've travelled to Mayan Riveria, Puerto Vallarta, Punta Cana and Puerto Plata and Jamaica was by far my favourite place that I've been.

But I personally love the culture, music and everything, so it was what I was used to.

The Holiday Inn is not a super fancy place, but it had everything we needed or wanted, so I had no complaints. Alot of older couples like 30+ were not impressed.... they are probably used to more high maintenance type resorts. This one is very basic, but it is nice and I loved it.