We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dunns River - Will Teva's work for the climb?

Seattle, Washington
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Dunns River - Will Teva's work for the climb?

I've been reading some posts about wearing water shoes to go up the Dunns River Falls. I'm wondering, does this specifically mean aquasock type shoes, or will Teva's suffice?

Also, for the evening dress code for the restaurants at Sandals, can women wear open toed sandals? I realize that is probably a stupid question.

Weymouth...
Level Contributor
1,573 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dunns River - Will Teva's work for the climb?

I have seen people climb both Dunns River and Mayfields with Teva's on.. and I've always been jealous.. I hated climbing in someone else's keds.. lol.. Can't say for sure about the open toe shoe rule for Sandals though.. I would think a dress sandal would be fune.. Good Luck!!!

MASS.
Level Contributor
192 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Dunns River - Will Teva's work for the climb?

I just climbed it last Thursday in tevas - The only complaint I had was that sand and pebbles get caught in between your foot and teva - I had to take them off a couple of times to knock pebbles out

Have fun - It was very cool. - They also rent aquasox at like $5 there

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Dunns River - Will Teva's work for the climb?

I'd suggest you buy a pair of water shoes before you go. I used my dive shoes, but any cheap water shoe with a tread would be good. That way, you would also have a pair to wear in the water in Mo Bay to help be protected and keep from getting stung by the sea urchins in the rocks.

Have fun!

Floyd

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
1,569 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dunns River - Will Teva's work for the climb?

Hi 1st time! We took our own water shoes to the falls, but they do rent them there. You definately want something with a good tread since there are a few slippery spots. As for the dress code at Sandals, I have worn dressy sandals many times with a sun dress and they never said a word to me. Have fun!

Haverhill...
Level Contributor
3,924 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dunns River - Will Teva's work for the climb?

We ended up buying water shoes on the way to Dunn's River Falls. We were coming from SMB, and there is a place they stop for a bathroom break/drinks, etc., and they sell them for $10. It was $5 to rent. Figured we would buy them and have them for the future - plus our shoes will also fit our kids feet should the need arise.

I also wore open toe sandals to the restaurants - not an issue in the least.