We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Goodies for Maids

Edmonton, AB
Level Contributor
70 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Goodies for Maids

I will be travelling to Montego Bay at the end of January and staying at the Royal Decameron. Just wondering if I need bring 'goodies' for the maids that clean our room, or if I leave tips everyday is that satisfactory? This will be our first trip to Jamaica and if anyone has any ideas of what is the best to see and do, it would be much appreciated.........thanks!

Mayville, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3,379 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Goodies for Maids

Some "goodies" we've brought for housekeeping...lip sticks, nail polish, bath gels/lotions, rain ponchos, coin purses, tote bags, as well as $$$.

We tip our housekeeper at the end of our stay...the "goodies" are just an everyday extra :)

LOTL

Somewhere on Earth...
Level Contributor
1,685 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Goodies for Maids

We've given Victoria's Secret body sprays, school supplies, toys, and cash. Another thought is a phone card.

New England, USA
Level Contributor
657 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Goodies for Maids

All of the above. The phone card is a great idea! Those small size lotions from Victoria's Secret or Bath & Body Works and candles are easy to pack too.

Springfield...
Level Contributor
5,119 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Goodies for Maids

I tip and leave extras each day as you may have a different cleaning person each day. I think this is more common in the bigger resorts.

This trip I've got several pairs of black shoes to bring. I noticed last trip several of the ladies had on shoes that were literally falling apart. If I can find someone who can use them then I plan on leaving them with the supervisor.

Whatever you leave besides money, be sure to write a note telling what the item is, your name and room number so they will be able to leave the property with the stuff. They have to have your note to get a 'permission slip' from their supervisor before they can leave.

Ontario
Level Contributor
7,336 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Goodies for Maids

Hi! The number one tip of course is, $$$$.

The maids love perfume. Ours could hardly wait to rip open the packaging. The other staff liked anything with Canada on it (hats, shirts, coolie cups, frisbees etc.) At the RD there's snorkelling - the location was great! We really liked this resort - have fun!