We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Couple more questions! SSB

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Downingtown, PA
Level Contributor
420 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Couple more questions! SSB

We are leaving on Nov 25 to SSB Mo Bay...I just have a couple more questions! (I hope I haven't reached my limit! everyone has been so helpful!)

-if we want to go to negril for the day, what is the easiest most ecomonical way to get there?

- does SSB provide towels for the beach/pool?

- how soon should i book my spa appointments? are they hard to get?

- is anyone thinking that the tropical "depression" will have any effect on Jamaica?

thanks so much

Downingtown, PA
Level Contributor
420 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Couple more questions! SSB

anyone?

i just thought of something else...are there washers and dryers available? traveling with a 4 year old makes those a nice luxury! (although i really don't want to spend any time doing laundry!)

Egg Harbor...
Level Contributor
60 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Couple more questions! SSB

Hi Beachgirl! Hope I can help with some of these questions...

-I don't know about the trips to Negril, we didn't go anywhere other than into town.

-They do provide towel. You have to give a $15 deposit for each towel card. You trade the card for a towel at the towel hut. Each day we would just exchange our wet towels for new ones the next day. When you trade in your final towel you get a card back. They will give you the $15 back when you give them the towel card at check out.

-Spa appointments were no problem when we were there. We booked two days in advance and got the exact time we wanted. Massages are $75 for an hour and totally worth. Also, you can and should tip at the spa.

-We arrived in Jamaica at the tail end of Wilma.... it had no effect on our trip at all except for some rough waves at times. Some of the roads on the way to the airport seemed flooded but you could still travel around.

-Sorry but I don't know anything about a washer or dryer service... as usual I completely overpacked and came home with tons of clean stuff! ;o)

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions. Have a great vacay... I'm soooo jealous!

-Allison

new york
Level Contributor
132 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Couple more questions! SSB

Yes, indeed, SSB has self-service laundraumat there.

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
303 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Couple more questions! SSB

to answer your question about a trip to negril, our tour rep thats the thomson rep offers us a day excursion to negril and although ive not been on it it was quite reasonably priced so I guess your tour operator will offer the same excursions. i have however been to negril for a day with a taxi driver arranged at guest services and the taxi for a day was $120 thats return the trip to negril takes around 11/2 hours .

enjoy your trip