We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunset Beach-- room recommendations?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Sunset Beach-- room recommendations?

My sister and I are planning a long weekend at Sunset Beach late Jan 2006. First time away from the kids! Should we request a room in a specific area? Which are newer? We're paying for oceanfront . . . Any other info re: this resort is much appreciated. We just want somewhere to lay around, get a massage, get some sun, and keep a nice 3-day buzz!

Cherry Hill, NJ
Level Contributor
6,651 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Sunset Beach-- room recommendations?

Blazon,

Did you use an Apple agent? Let them earn their money. I have read a few people complaining about a lack of response from the resort. Don't let that concern you.

It is best to request Inn section when you make your reservations, but you can also request after you book or when you arrive. They may not be able to accomodate you the first day, but may move you a day or two later.

Beaver Falls...
Level Contributor
58 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Sunset Beach-- room recommendations?

thanks you I will try that

Cherry Hill, NJ
Level Contributor
6,651 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Sunset Beach-- room recommendations?

I posted this a few minutes ago, but it's not showing up, so I'll try again.

Blazon,

If you booked using an Apple agent, let them do some work for you and make your request to the resort.

It is always best to make the request upon reservation and confirm a week before, but you can always do it later or when you arrive at the resort. Sometimes they can't fit you in the first day, but will move you a day or two later.

Cherry Hill, NJ
Level Contributor
6,651 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Sunset Beach-- room recommendations?

oops. there it goes. Sorry for the double post.

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
303 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Sunset Beach-- room recommendations?

if you write a nice email to Dwight at

reservations@sunsetmobay.com

im sure you will get a reply.

weve stayed at SSb 3 times in less than 2 years and our preferance is in the east wing of the inn rooms 101 - 109 and 201 - 209 are ocean view and the furthest away for some peace and quiet at night

110 and 210 onwards face the gardens and wedding pergola also very nice. we loved sitting on the balcony late afternoon watching the weddings with a nice cold cocktail mmmmmmmmmmm loved it.

for anyone here going soon have a great vacation i wish i was with you.

love laurel xx

New Jersey
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Sunset Beach-- room recommendations?

My travel agent (AAA) called the resort and put in the room request for the Inn, or Beach Wing, instead of the towers. I hope that'll do it!