We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

food at SSB

boston,mas
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Topic
food at SSB

hi i would love to hear from anyone who has been at sunset beach to tell about the food. i hear it is so-so at the buffet but the poolside grill is good. What snacks do they provide for guests? Also are you only allowed to book dinner at the rest(italian and chinese) only once each for your stay? Thanks for any advice. Also are the lines for food long? Thanks for responding.

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
142 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: food at SSB

So at what times do they serve food?

How about the pool side grill. Does it not stay open all day?

boston,mas
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: food at SSB

grill is open from 1pm til 5pm then opens later in the night until 1am. breakfast is only til 10am- if your going to sleep late you'll miss it and eat lunch-jerk chicken for breakfast. tea time is 4-5pm

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
142 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: food at SSB

So breakfast until 10:00--------Nothing untill 1:00pm and that is at the beach grill untill 5:00------How about dinner? and does the buffet not open for lunch?

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
250 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: food at SSB

We went to the afternoon tea one afternoon and I was appalled at the way the people acted. The poor waitress had brought out the cart with the food and tea on it. We were all to be 'served' by her but these cannibals opened up the cart, pulled the plastic wrap off the sandwiches and ripped them apart. And these were europeans that should know what a "tea" is all about. We just sat there and waited for her to serve us our drinks. By the time it was time to serve the food there was none left. We apologized to the waitress for their rude behavior and she said it happens on occassion. So, there is a tea in the "pub" at 4:00 and a very sweet gentleman plays the piano.

Again, the grill is open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and then opens up again at 7 until 1 a.m. the jerk chicken goes fast so make sure you get some as early as you can.

I hung out at the beach, so I didn't even know about the popcorn!!!

montreal, canada
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: food at SSB

hi

i just got back from SSB.....Do not expect miracles and to be honest with you it is not a 4 * resort more like 2 1/2 going to 3

the buffet food is lettuce tomato cucumber and spaghetti salads then for meat beef porc and chicken that is all you get nothing spectacular