We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Needing advice on diving in Montego Bay, Jamaica

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Central US
2 posts
Save Topic
Needing advice on diving in Montego Bay, Jamaica

We will be going to Mo Bay in early October 05 and would like to do a few dives. We are looking for reputable dive operators and dive sites. Your experience and opinion are greatly appreciated.

Springfield...
Level Contributor
4,868 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Needing advice on diving in Montego Bay, Jamaica

My husband used Jamaica Scuba Divers when we were in Falmouth at the Starfish. They have shops in Runaway Bay and Montego Bay as well. He was very impressed with them. Their rates were much more reasonable than our resort and they seemed much more professional. You can do a search for Jamaica Scuba Divers or search for FDR Pebbles Dive Shop, that's how I found them the first time. I got their name from a recommendation on this forum and turned out they were next door to where we were staying.

Arctic Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
2,939 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Needing advice on diving in Montego Bay, Jamaica

DiveNow who ever you go with see if they will take you to Widow Makers Cave in Montego Bay, my wife and i dove there was too cool.It's near Mobay airport.....Jimmy

Arctic Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
2,939 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Needing advice on diving in Montego Bay, Jamaica

This is who we went diving with top notch....

Rose Hall Resort & Country Club

P.O. Box 999, Montego Bay, Jamaica 00000, West Indies

Found these dive sites for you one was the one i mentioned above....Jimmy

Airport Wall - Depth: Starts at 30 feet and drops beyond 1000 ft; All types of tropical coral formations, sponges, schooling fish, barracuda, sharks, manta my, sting ray, snapper, grunt, parrot fish, wenchman. Locals' Tip: Don't miss the turtles lounging along the wall.

Caverns

Depth: 25 - 30 feet; 30 minutes or more of diving through breathtaking caverns

Chubb Reef - Depth: 40 feet; Schools of Bermuda Chubb that eat out of your hand, grunt, snapper, parrot fish. Locals' Tip: Bermuda Chubb will eat out your hand.

Dancing Eel Reef - Depth: 35 feet; Coral reef dive; Red fish, dancing eels. Locals' Tip: Watch the dancing eels sway in the current and slowly pull into the ground as you approach them

The Pit - depth starts at 30 feet and drops beyond 1000 feet. A good dive for beginners with lots of coral formations (parrot fish, blue chromis, goat fish, flounder)

Royal Flat (Double Reef) - depth: 70 feet;Drop off starts at 30 feet and goes down to flat at 70 feet - then drops off to a depth yet to be measured.

Sandy Hole - Depth: 30 feet; A good dive for beginners; variety of tropical fish and sting ray. Locals' Tip: Sandy Hole offers divers the chance to see a young reef formation and an old reef formation side by side.

Sea World Reef - Depth: 40 feet; wide variety of coral formations, including caverns; variety of tropical fish, occasional sharks and sting ray

Widowmaker's Cave - Depth: 30 feet; world famous cave dive - enter cave at 30 feet and come out on a wall at a depth of 80 feet.

Central US
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Needing advice on diving in Montego Bay, Jamaica

Thank you all for your sincere advice, which we will adhere closely. Thanks again!