We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandals MB - Proper channels to file a complaint.

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago
1 post
Save Topic
Sandals MB - Proper channels to file a complaint.

My husband and I stayed at Sandal Montego Bay last month for our WeddingMoon. Without going into too much, we were extremely disappointed with our experience, the customer service, and most importantly our accommodations. We spent more time complaining, and trying to get mistakes corrected then we did enjoying our weddingmoon. I tried several times to speak with the general manager while at the resort but he was never available. I plan to send the GM a letter, but I would also like to copy his superior.

Does anyone have any advice? Have you been successful in a similar situation.

Marion, IA
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandals MB - Proper channels to file a complaint.

Did you book with a travel agent? If you did call them and have them send the complaint and if you paid with a credit card call the credit card company and talk with them.

long island, ny
Level Contributor
613 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandals MB - Proper channels to file a complaint.

In my experience with sandals, and I love them, they are bad in responding to complaints AFTER you have left the resort.

You should have been more adament about speaking with the GM on site there. He would most definetly would have done something for you. The only relief that they "might" offer is a couple of free days now, if that.

Look in the brochure at the page where they describe the resort amenities.

Next to the address is an e-mail address for the hotel directly. e-mail them and ask for the gm's e-mail address.

ohio
Level Contributor
68 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandals MB - Proper channels to file a complaint.

I am very sorry to hear about you awful experience, especially on your weddingmoon. IMy husband and i also got married their and our trip was wonderful. We did get upgraded to a better room than what we had booked. The actual wedding was more than i had ever expected. We did plan everything through our travel agent which was terrific. she really did all the leg work . we just showed up. Had i dealt with what you guys have been through i would be thoughly floored that is awful and someone needs to take responsibility. Iguess i am not familiar about which channels you need to persue but have you spoken with anyone at the cooperate offices in miami?

Brick, New Jersey
Level Contributor
416 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sandals MB - Proper channels to file a complaint.

If you booked with a travel agent, I would write a letter to them and they will forward it to the proper channels. I would also cc the letter to Butch Stewart (owner of Sandals) I do this for my clients and most of the time they are offered free nights at a Sandals resort. I know this does not make your weddingmoon a more pleasant experience but it is something. Good Luck

Staten Island, NY
Level Contributor
244 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sandals MB - Proper channels to file a complaint.

We had a bad experience at the Royal Bahamaian and a bunch of us ganged up on the GM and also wrote a letter to Butch Stewart and cc'd the Travel Agent. Guess what? Nothing, other than the enjoyment of getting the GM to shell out some extra stuff while still at the resort. It wasn't just us but all of the returning guests that had a problem. First, we were all placed in the older rooms without any upgrades because they had all the travel agents there (it had just been doubled at the time and they placed the TA's in the new wing). They shut down 2 restaurants for outside weddings, and a few other things that were not nice. Never heard a word of an apology. So don't expect anything. Sorry for the bad news.

long island, ny
Level Contributor
613 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sandals MB - Proper channels to file a complaint.

If you have any problems at sandals, they are great at fixing it WHILE YOU ARE THERE. The people that work there will bend over backward to make sure everything is right if you approch it calmly. If the GM of the resort knows about your problem while you are there, he will try to do everything he can to make it right.

Sometimes, the staff does not inform the GM of every problem, which they should. I have personally had a GM @ Sandals Montego Bay tell me "anything you want here at the resort, or in town, just ask me for it and you will have it."

They are very slow, if not unresponsive to any problems AFTER you have left.

We were in SOR in 1999 and had a transportation problem back to the airport, which ended up costing me $ 220.00 has never been resolved. I contacted the GM, Michael Darby, many times To this day I still have never received even an acknowledgement as to the problem.