We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Somebody talk to me

Chicago
Level Contributor
107 posts
Save Topic
Somebody talk to me

Where is everybody, at church?

Candy, Luvs, JJ, Wright???? NOmadic soul, don't look for a good time here, you are going to absolutely hate it.

Cancel your trip.

CAN
Level Contributor
20,770 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
51. Re: Somebody talk to me

Johnny/New2:

- sometimes it's the choice of words

and

- perception is reality. One Love!

California
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
52. Re: Somebody talk to me

Cimbriano: Thank you! The worst thing in the world is to see your wife cry on vacation. Nothing but the truth motivates me about our disaster at BEACHES BOSCOBEL, however I do feel we should be compensated. I happen to love the Jamaican people and admire them for their "kick back" style of life. My travel agent tells me SOMETHING happened from July through August, and my letter that was partially posted on this site, was faxed and hand delivered to the travel agent's rep, who in turn, gave it to the chairman-Butch Stewart, at a special meeting in Miami to discuss certain "problems. That was on Aug 14 and no reply as of yet. I most assuredly think THIS IS THE FORUM for disasters such as they are at BEACHES BOSCOBEL, and if we have saved 1 vacationer from an additional one, then we are happy!

roxbury, ma
Level Contributor
8,454 posts
1 review
Save Reply
53. Re: Somebody talk to me

This entire post is disturbing to me as it should be to many of you! I ususally try to avoid such mess but wanted to chime in as it still is on going. The initial post about being in a dirty room...wanting to leave, feeling desperate and not leaving the room.........was unbelievable to me. How is such a serene place of beauty can one feel trapped. I would have said-switch the room or resort-go to the beach and soak up the sun, relax, swim in the sea...walk around at night-for the least! In the end-it was clear what the true journey to Jamaica was all about-and more fire to you! If that's all you wanted. Yes a "pill" would have helped the first few days!

As for the one who had the awful experience at the resort-it sound like the place was a run down mess. But I am surprised that JBG did not identify the insensitive comments made in regards to the "locals"...selling items...in the pools etc....This experience took on more than a run down resort which is why I feel is has no place here.

Everone should take those"pills" and be mindful of where you go when you travel..."locals"-the Jamaican people are the best part of my experiences!

PEACE!

CAN
Level Contributor
20,770 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
54. Re: Somebody talk to me

Right on bushgrl! Irie. Between this thread and the jamaica and religion thread . Where is the 'ONE LOVE' everyones spouting? Irie.

California
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
55. Re: Somebody talk to me

JBG - You sound very articulate, but when it comes to the "law of averages" you don't pay attention. If you look at the REVIEWS for BEACHES BOSCOBEL for the period of time that my family was there, you can see that QUITE A FEW OF US could have taken 1000 "pills" each, but the disaster at this not nice resort?? was not only a disaster but an embarrassment for the island of Jamaica! It has nothing to do with "locals" being called "locals' instead of what might be acceptable to YOU, it is because there was NO RESPECT to a nice family that paid a lot of money to be "pampered", and instead were "Victimized"! Shame on ANYONE who implies that my motives are questionable! This takes a lot of time, you DON'T get paid, and then you read biased opinions like yours. But, as we who DO care are thinking of the less fortunate who are in MY country right now, I will let you ponder this: IT IS WHAT IT IS! peace.

By the way, I don't feel so bad after I read about the DISASTROUS WEDDINGS @BEACHES OF BOSCOBEL DURING THE TIME WE WERE THERE, WRITTEN BY THE BRIDES!! SHAME ON BEACHES AT BOSCOBEL!!!

Cuenca, Spain
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
Level Contributor
9,748 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
56. Re: Somebody talk to me

Your complaint has absolutely nothing to do with the topic that this thread is intended for.

You already started a new thread.

Please stick to it.

Jackson, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,156 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
57. Re: Somebody talk to me

Whoa things are getting heated. So many on these forums get so upset when a negative post is written about beloved Jamaica. I love Jamaica and am comfortable with the locals but that doesn't mean everyone is. Everyone must admit that there are way too many hustlers on the island and they do hurt many vacationers experience and in the long run Jamaica's economy. I understand that they're just trying to make it. What we should really be talking about is how to improve this. As far as the laid back attitude goes, that is part of Jamaica and for people who love on time schedules it might not be the best place to vacation. Jamaica is beautiful and extremely fun but as I've said many times before it is not for everyone.

58. Re: Somebody talk to me

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:42 am, September 06, 2005
Rowlett, Texas
Level Contributor
628 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
59. Re: Somebody talk to me

Happy Labor Day to all.........

Candy