We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

swimming with the dolphins?

orange county, ca
1 post
Save Topic
swimming with the dolphins?

i will be staying at ssb next week and i would like to know if anyone has swam with the dophins in ochio rios? i want to surprise my dolphin loving girlfriend but i dont want to spend $150 buck on a tourist ripoff. i would also like to know how long the dunns river falls excursion that ssb offers? how long do you stay in ochio rios? thanks a lot

LETours Jamaica
Sightseeing Tours
MBT Tours
Sightseeing Tours
SNL Jamaican Tours
Sightseeing Tours, River Rafting & Tubing, Fishing Charters & Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips
Cuenca, Spain
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
Level Contributor
10,137 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: swimming with the dolphins?

Hello Nick, This is definately not a ripoff and worth every minute of the ride over to see the actual Dolphins and climb the Falls. Please read the web-sites. ENJOY! Give us your opinion afterwards, Thank you.

Dolphin��s Cove www.dolphincovejamaica.com Next to Dunns River Falls.

Dunn��s River Falls & Park http://www.dunnsriverja.com/

It will be necessary to make a rsvn for the Dolphins because it is holiday time. Once at the hotel, get to know the taxi drivers and chose one that will take care of you for the day. Cost is about 100. Do this at your own pace and see other things during your trip. Driver will take care of you. An organized Tour will only be rushed and impersonal.

middlebury, vt.
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: swimming with the dolphins?

My husband and I did thje dolphin swim and had a ball we are an older couple and we had a ball with them. It is well worth the money. It is not a rip off and if your girlfriend loves dolohins she will certain love this surprise. and you make points with her. We did the little trip around the wildlife jungle walk and had fun hearing about the birds and snakes and holding them having our pics taken. They do a DVD for you of your swim and a pic of each of you kissing them. They are great" kisser's!!!" You will need reservations. I made mine on line and also comfirmed by phone. and had to comfirm when we arrived in Mobay. They picked us up, it was just us. so we had a nice time with our young driver.

We did Dunn River last year well worth it even with a large group. We did it through the hotel. This year we figured alot out on our own. Have fun. and enjoy this beautiful place called Jamaica.

Kellygreen

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
montreal
Level Contributor
11,515 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: swimming with the dolphins?

Ditto to all of the above! Do like Johnny suggested, and do them both in the same trip. Dolphin Cove is right across the street from the entrance to Dunn's River Falls. It is at least two hours drive each way, so you want to do them both together. I've climbed Dunn's River 6 times now and I would still do it again. It has become very busy and it is toursity, but it is beautiful and lots of fun. When I did the Dolphin Swim, we did the swim in the morning, had lunch, then climbed the falls which worked out great.

Both are priceless experiences, and if this by chance may be your only chance to do either you should definately do them. The memories I have from the Dolphin's will last forever.

Enjoy your vacation, enjoy Jamaica !

Blessings and respect to you.

Steve

Mentioned in this post
Dolphin Cove Montego Bay
Dolphin Cove Montego Bay
3 Reviews
Jamaica
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Collegeville, PA
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: swimming with the dolphins?

We just swam with the dolphins on 11/23/04 and it was great. I highly recommend it.

We tried to do both, Dunn's River Falls but our swim time was 3:30PM so it was to late for us to go to Dunn's River Falls. Our friends went and they enjoy it.

It is a 2 hour drive each way so if you can get there early and do both go for it.