We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

MoBay in September

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
MoBay in September

Does anyone know whether MoBay will be busy in Spetmeber? My boyfriend and I are planning to stay at the RDMB Sept 17-24, but I'm worried that the area will be pretty quiet since it's not exactly peak season. I've read a few reviews stating the quality of service and food tends to go down if there's not enough guests. Also, we're both in our late 20's, so would appreciate things to do after 10pm! (Let me know if I'm staying at the wrong hotel!)

So. Wisconsin
Level Contributor
665 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: MoBay in September

Though we've never stayed at RDMB, we have stayed in MoBay. It has more of a city feel to it than Negril, but there is plenty to do there. Hip strip provides lots of shopping, and for night life try Margaritaville or the Brewery always seemed to have some thing going on. We enjoyed the Calico Sunset cruise, but in Sept. I'm not sure how busy they would be. Try an evening dinner at Day-O Plantation, we enjoyed it. Also Doctors Cave beach is very nice.

I do suggest a day trip to Negril, it has a different vibe than MoBay, and the beach is alive with activity. Maybe visit the beach during the day, then a trip to 3-Dives or LTU for dinner.

Level Contributor
27 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: MoBay in September

My Wife & I will be there for that week as well.

I'm sure there will be lots going on.

and I plan to take a day trip to Negril if y'all are interested?!?

Level Contributor
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: MoBay in September

We'll be at Sandals MoBay the same week. Our first trip to Jamaica. Can't wait!!! Only 10 days & 8 hours 'til we leave!

Oak Creek, Wisconsin
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: MoBay in September

We will be there also from 9/24 - 9/30. Not been to Montego Bay before. Only been to Hedoism.

We are staying at HI Sunspree, is it really as bad as what I've been reading?

Level Contributor
415 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: MoBay in September

Things do quieten down in september, some hotels renovate and some bars may be closed. I was in Mobay a week ago and it was really quiet. It should pick up as sept goes on though so don't worry.

Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travelers can help.
Ask a question