We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help planning first trip to Jamaica!!!

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
11 posts
Save Topic
Need help planning first trip to Jamaica!!!

My friend and I are planning on making a trip to Jamaica this upcoming January. However, we are having some difficulty finding a resort that will accomodate what we are looking for. We are both twenty year old guys looking to explore the island, party, relax, meet people, etc. We plan to stay 7-10 days and spend somewhere near $2000. If anybody has any suggestions on an all inclusive resort that will fulfill all our expectations, it would be GREATLY appreciated.

Kingston, Jamaica
Level Contributor
1,253 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help planning first trip to Jamaica!!!

Perhaps I can put you on the right track by suggesting that you book somewhere in Negril. It is definitely the place for the young hip traveller. Lots of nightly entertainment and great vibes. Are you looking for an All-Inclusive or Non-AI?

New Jersey
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help planning first trip to Jamaica!!!

We pretty much have our hearts set on all inclusive. I was under the impression that Montego Bay was more of the 'hip scene'? But if you have any suggestions, we could use the help. Thanks.

-Ray

New Jersey
11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Need help planning first trip to Jamaica!!!

We are looking for a place with a good night life, but not like MTVish trashy type of place, if you get what I mean. Somewhere that would grant us the oppurtunity to kick back and relax during the day, and offer something to do at night would be perfect. We don't want to end up hanging out next to some frat kids funneling beers on the beach during the day.

Kingston, Jamaica
Level Contributor
1,253 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Need help planning first trip to Jamaica!!!

As long as you are not going during spring break you shouldn't encounter much of the "frat kids". I still think Negril is more suited for the younger traveller but that its my opinion. Negril is also extremely convenient with many clubs, restaurants and hotels within the same vicinity. Check out Hedonism II or Grand Lido. I think a lot of the AI's are couples only though so you may want to verify with them first. I also like Negril Tree House and it is not as pricy as most AI's.

wisconsin
Level Contributor
106 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need help planning first trip to Jamaica!!!

I've heard RDMB is a great place for a cheap all inclusive. I've heard from many travelers that it is like a 5 star resort. I know one couple who absolutley LOVED it. Look into it, I am not sure if it is "hip" though. haha.

CAN
Level Contributor
20,770 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need help planning first trip to Jamaica!!!

Negril Ray! Check out your previous posting and replies. Enjoy

southern, illinois
Level Contributor
1,191 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need help planning first trip to Jamaica!!!

Definitely Negril, Negril, Negril- A decent all inclusive is Merrils 2