We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

smokers lock up your cigs

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ewing new jersey
Level Contributor
119 posts
1 review
Save Topic
smokers lock up your cigs

Just wanted to let any smokers to know lock up your smokes in your safe they will disappear if you dont. and smokes in jamaica dont tast the same. they also dont have the same brands

montreal
Level Contributor
11,515 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: smokers lock up your cigs

Although I don't smoke anymore, in at least ten trips to Jamaica, I never once had any "disappear", in fact I have never had ANYTHING go missing in 15 visits.

I think it is safe to say that your experience was "the exception" and most certainly not "the rule" or even moreover...

a "given".

I wish you better luck in the future.

Blessings and respect to you.

Steve

2. Re: smokers lock up your cigs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:12 am, August 03, 2015
ewing new jersey
Level Contributor
119 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: smokers lock up your cigs

not slamming jamaica or the resort just giving a heads up

ewing new jersey
Level Contributor
119 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: smokers lock up your cigs

And buy the way never said it is a given or a rule but at sunset beach on the first week of december 2004 my cigarettes were stolen out of my room by the cleaning staff more than once. I also have been to Jamaica 12 times and never experienced this before. I definately am not saying that jamaicans are theives but in this case at this specific time at this specific resort it happened . Just a heads up to smokers. why dont you guys relax.

montreal
Level Contributor
11,515 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: smokers lock up your cigs

Let me clarify Tattoo, I am relaxed... I just got back from Jamaica mon !! lol

Your original post was a definitive statement that your cigarettes WILL disappear if you don't lock them up.

I thought that was an inaccurate statement, that's all. Thank you for clarifying that this was an isolated incident and not a given as you originally said.

My blessings and respect to you. Where else have you stayed in Jamaica? Did you enjoy Sunset Beach?(other than the cigarette incident that is..lol)

Steve

roxbury, ma
Level Contributor
7,909 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: smokers lock up your cigs

bring extra or buy extra when you get there! A carton is only about $20 US max!! Cigs in Jamaica are not good-I agree but everyone always want a cig..thats the least they could ask for!

Sorry for your loss-but i agree-it not the norm!

hope you'll try Jamaica again for many other reasons!