Leaving for RDMB on 8/22 for a MERE 4 days/3 nights with my best friend. We've never been to Jamaica and already feel as though this is going to become a yearly event! I have a few questions that I thought I'd ask some more "experienced" Jamaica travellers so that we can get the most out of our little time there..
1) Has anyone ever done the Chukka Blue river tubing? Any thoughts? Was it worth the price?
2) I think I read somewhere that the swimming pools at RDMB close at 5 or 6pm.. true?
3) How deep is the ocean water off of the retaining wall that they have? I think I read that there was a ladder going into the water from there, but I don't remember anyone saying just how deep the water was.
4) As far as money, credit card to pay for tours at the hotel & souveniers at Margaritaville, USD for street vendors in small bills.. am I correct?
5) Is there a shuttle from Margaritaville back to RDMB after dark? I know it's so close walking distance, but I thought I'd check.
6) Can we bring rum back home and what are the limits? Best place to buy?
7) Taxi recommendations for a day tour? I'm hesitant to pick up any Joe-taxi on the street. And unsure of good places to go, so someone pleasant who would like to show us around would be nice. And how much ballpark do they charge?
Ok, that's enough for right now.. I'm sure I could think of more but I'll start with this!
I can't wait!!