We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just came back from Sunset Beach.....any questions?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
112 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Just came back from Sunset Beach.....any questions?

Just got off Air Jamaica an hour ago. I had a great time. I was very worried after reading some of the trip reports but left looking forward to return again soon.

Any questions???? Feel free to post them.

Latoya

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
112 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Just came back from Sunset Beach.....any questions?

The food was okay, I enjoyed the food but more Jamaican food is needed. The water park in my opinion will not open until the end of this year, but I'm not in construction. There are mosquitoes, so bring plenty of bug spray. There were nine people in my group and two people got a lot of bites, while the others got a few to none. The mosquitoes know who and what they are looking for. We enjoyed our stay there and hope you do too.

Latoya

Smithers, Canada
Level Contributor
33 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Just came back from Sunset Beach.....any questions?

We're young at heart but old in age (50+/60+) Is SSB more for the younger generation? We love our grandchildren but it'd be nice to have a peaceful vacation - are there children children everywhere?

austin,tx
Level Contributor
74 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Just came back from Sunset Beach.....any questions?

Yes there are a good number of kids -- are they everywhere -- no not really.

I think it depends on what you are looking for.

Might consider SSB at the Palms (in Negril) which would be a lot

quieter -- and likely 0 kids.

We visited a day on our trip to SSB in July, night

and day difference.

m

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
303 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Just came back from Sunset Beach.....any questions?

we are a couple in our 40's 50's and a enjoy a holiday with out kids.

Weve been to SSB twice and returing in october. each time weve been the kids there havent been a problem.

Mind you if you want total peace and tranquility during the day go on the eu naturelle beach No kids allowed there and the guards are brilliant at protecting our modesty

have fun at SSB it's a fun place to be.

love laurel

Hutto, TX
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Just came back from Sunset Beach.....any questions?

I was there many years ago (it was even called something else) but the snorkeling off the hotel was fabulous - we only went diving once and just stayed in the water at the hotel. But, that was several hurricanes ago. how good is it now??

Kate

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
303 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Just came back from Sunset Beach.....any questions?

kate SSB snorkelling is still brill the reef is slightly damaged and some bits are dead but theres still lots to see down there and each time we go we see something different and interesting.

go back SSB is good.

wee returning in 4 weeks time

go safe laurel x

Hutto, TX
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Just came back from Sunset Beach.....any questions?

Thanks so much for the info on the snorkeling. I hope we can still go, but it probably won't be next month as planned since we just sent our vacation money to the Red Cross.

Kate