We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Let me guess, the water park at SSB is not open yet?

Green Bay WI
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Let me guess, the water park at SSB is not open yet?

Does anyone have an update on the water park at SSB? I was there last February (it was suppose to open Dec 2004) and it wasn't open yet. We are going back this February and just wondering on the progress.

iowa
7 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Let me guess, the water park at SSB is not open yet?

I had emailed the resort with questions regarding the water park and this is the reply I received...

Thank you for your interest in our Resort.

Our Pirate's Paradise themed Water park is not open just yet.

An official Opening Date has not been decided upon. The project nonetheless is very near completion with over 80% of the work completed. We are working towards the end of August.

Missouri
Level Contributor
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Let me guess, the water park at SSB is not open yet?

We were at Sunset Beach a couple weeks ago (June30-July 4), and the water park is nowhere near completed! I'd guess at least a few more months, more likely next Spring. They weren't working real hard on it while we were there.......

Level Contributor
86 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Let me guess, the water park at SSB is not open yet?

I agree with billkat. I was there from 06/17 to 06/22 and they were nowhere near finished. I don't believe they will be finished this year. Also when I was there they weren't really working that hard either. The workers were flirting more working.

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
303 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Let me guess, the water park at SSB is not open yet?

the water park is a along way off completion and with extremely hot temperatures and hurricanes to contend with, would you work any quicker in those conditions and for very little money. I know i would't.

It'll be ready when there ready, enjoy SSB without it I have and will do again in 10 weeks time.

Green Bay WI
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Let me guess, the water park at SSB is not open yet?

Not only weather conditions, but lack of good tools and equipment. When we were there in February they were carrying buckets of concrete and had very few power tools. This will be my third trip to SSB, so I know I don't need a water park to enjoy it. This time we may be traveling with a child and it will matter to him if it is open or not.

austin,tx
Level Contributor
74 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Let me guess, the water park at SSB is not open yet?

Just got back -- Water park is not open -- hard to

know when it will be.

Ironically what I heard has set them back the most is the lack of supplies -- They get a majority of supplies

from Florida -- and last years hurricanes they claimed

cost them 3 months of delays.... probably some truth to it.

Construction was going on each day -- not a lot,

but looked like slow steady progress --

BTW, the sketches they have in the lobby area

look impressive, and what they have up so far

actually is starting to ressemble them!

I'm guessing 2006!

mike