We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Room upgrades at the HI montego bay

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
United Kingdom
7 posts
Save Topic
Room upgrades at the HI montego bay

Hi, my family and I are travelling to the HI from July 28 to August 11 and I wondered if anybody had upgraded their room at check in - we have a standard room booked - and how much it approximately cost?

Lethbridge, Canada
Level Contributor
208 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Room upgrades at the HI montego bay

many people are signing up for the holiday inn's priority club on their web site and are receiving up-grades at check in [if available]. doesn' t cost anything so why not try.

Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Room upgrades at the HI montego bay

Hi there- We are a family of 5 who will be there from 7/25 thru 8/1. My children are 18, 15, and 13. The recent pictures of the hotel look great. We can't wait to get there!!! Maybe we'll see you there. Enjoy

ohio
Level Contributor
573 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Room upgrades at the HI montego bay

I just signed up for priority club.. do they send you a card to take down with you?

Lethbridge, Canada
Level Contributor
208 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Room upgrades at the HI montego bay

I don't know if they will or not but have heard that after the first stay @ a Holiday Inn a card cis sent in the mail. What people have done is printed a copy of thier registration [confirmation] and taken that with them. Your name is supposed to be in their computer and when you show them your print out your name will appear on their computer.

Only going from what I have heard as we are not going until December.

United Kingdom
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Room upgrades at the HI montego bay

Thanks for the advice teamcanada I hope we manage an upgrade but we just fall short of platinum status which guarantees automatic upgrade so we'll just have to wait and see, I'll let you know.

Reagan, Texas
Level Contributor
151 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Room upgrades at the HI montego bay

My husband and I went to the HI in April. I had a priorty Club card from business travel, so I decided to use it. We had originally booked a standard room, but at check in, I presented my card and we were upgraded to a partial ocean view room in building 7, just outside of the adult pool. It worked out great for us. It was a little walking jaunt to the main area of the hotel, but it was just fine. With the upgrade we also received a turn down service of 2 small bottles of rum in our room every night. That was nice. We were also given a 50% discount on on the glass bottom boad ride from the hotel, fishing trips, and snorkling trips. The boat ride cost $7.50 American dollars per person. We really enjoyed it. I read where others signed up for Priorty Club before they left on their trip and simply printed the confirmation information. It worked for them. We really liked the HI and are planning a return trip this year (after hurricane season!), but we are going to Negril this time. We had NO problems at all with the HI; we just decided we wanted to see another part of the island. Have a great trip!