We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Montego Bay

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
90 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Montego Bay

Going to Mo Bay in November. Staying at Sunset Beach. Does anyone know if there are any booze cruise in Mo Bay? How far of a ride is it to the Hip Strip from SSB? Which restaurant would your recommend for seafood, especially lobster? Do the bars stay open late on the Hip Strip? If we wanted to take a day trip to Negril, what should we see? Thanks!

phil
Level Contributor
325 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Montego Bay

Yes there are booze cruises in Mobay, My favorite is the day trip, it takes you out in the marina snorkeling, and then to Margaritaville, where there are trampolines and a huge waterslide into the ocean, and a jacuzzi, and then you have a party all the way back to Sandals which is where you have to go to board the ship. I think the catamaran is called the Tropical Dreamer, and they just got another ship this year. Sandals is like a 10-15 min ride from ssb depending on the traffic, and the hip strip is the same. Not sure about the seafood b/cause I always stay at AI's The bars are open until like 2 or 3 am on the hip strips, and you'll need them because ssb gets boring really early like 11:00 we found ourselves bored. Negril is cool, I think Ricks is open again to watch the divers but in Negril I would just enjoy the beach and the Margariaville there is kinda cool, you'd better enjoy the beach there because the one at ssb is not the best.

phil
Level Contributor
325 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Montego Bay

Oh and Gypsy when you do the booze cruise make sure you go on the like 2:30 one cause rum punch and sun at 10:00 in the morning can make for a long day. I learned that one the hard way, and try to get on the catamaran with Gilligan he's the best!

phil
Level Contributor
325 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Montego Bay

Oh and Gypsy when you do the booze cruise make sure you go on the like 2:30 one cause rum punch and sun at 10:00 in the morning can make for a long day. I learned that one the hard way, and try to get on the catamaran with Gilligan he's the best!

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
90 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Montego Bay

Jamaicanjocey- Thanks for all the info!! But you sure are giving me a scare about choosing Sunset Beach. You mentioned alot of bad stuff! But I think a good time is what you make it, no matter where you stay.

phil
Level Contributor
325 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Montego Bay

Sunset is ok don't worry, you'll have fun, it's a beautiful hotel and the people are great like everywhere else in Jamaica. I wasn't at all trying to scare you, your in Jamaica how bad could life be!! Enjoy your trip!! Have a dirty banana for me!!!