We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Difference between Resort Evening and Resort Casual attire?

north dakota
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Difference between Resort Evening and Resort Casual attire?

Hello, we are trying to pack for our trip to Sandals Royal Caribbean...in looking at some of the restaurants, it says Resort Evening and Resort Casual attire, what is the difference for both men and women please..thankyou!

Maine
Level Contributor
413 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Difference between Resort Evening and Resort Casual attire?

Hikirkstacy,

This past trip all I wore were capris and ate at all the restaurants...I think the biggest difference is with the guys, closed toed shoes, collared shirts and pants.

Green Isle...
Level Contributor
1,056 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Difference between Resort Evening and Resort Casual attire?

This is what Sandals says on their website:

Resort Casual:

Dress shorts or jeans. Swimwear must be covered. No bare feet.

Resort Evening:

Dress pants for men. Shirts with sleeves & collar. Dress shoes.

My hubby has closed toe sandals we are bringing and I hope those will be acceptable. We are going to tuck in a pair of loafers or something like that for him, just in case. I am bringing sun dresses a couple lightweight jackets to wear over them at dinner and some sandals for evening wear (not flip flops). Hopefully we won't get turned away from the ritzier places. LOL

Indiana
Level Contributor
10,652 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Difference between Resort Evening and Resort Casual attire?

Uggghhh...

That would SUCK for me.

Dress pants, dress shirts, dress shoes??

I wear that every single day. I'll be damned if I have to wear that on vacation.

What's next? Tuxedos?

California
Level Contributor
519 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Difference between Resort Evening and Resort Casual attire?

The above is correct. It really means more for men. The dress code is much more flexible for women. I usually take a variety of capri outfits and casual dresses. You should be fine with closed toed sandals for men.

While it sounds really formal, my husband wears his casual cargo-type khakis, polos and lightweight button up dress shirts that can be rolled up at the sleeves. It is a relaxed atmopshere, beach-dressy, not formal.

One of the best part about Sandals is the requirement for their evening dinners. It gives the resort its elegant feel.

There are plenty of other locations in Jamaica for those who don't prefer this type of atmosphere for their vacation. Sandals isn't for everyone.

Scotland
Level Contributor
259 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Difference between Resort Evening and Resort Casual attire?

"I wear that every single day. I'll be damned if I have to wear that on vacation. What's next? Tuxedos?"

Its only for dinner....and then only at some of the restaurants...by no means all of them. I would hate to go out to a nice restaurant if some of my fellow diners were sitting in swimsuits, or shorts and vests, and dripping with sun tan lotion. Oops, I forgot, living in Scotland thats never going to happen!!! (yep, raining again...lol)

Hickory, North...
Level Contributor
1,497 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Difference between Resort Evening and Resort Casual attire?

easton714,

You need to chill man! "Dress" pants, shirts and shoes are not necessary. Lightweight Dockers, shortsleeve collared shirt and light loafers or even slip-on canvas boat shoes would be fine. This code, which is only for the finer restaurants, is for maintaining the atmosphere more than anything else. It is also far from formal.

If this is too restrictive, the other restaurants and buffets are avialable. However, if you forsake the finer restaurants because of clothes you are denying yourself a great dining experience.

The baked and breaded portabello mushroom in apple glaze sauce at the Chrystal Room IS worth wearing a tuxedo, but that is not necessary.

Happy trails, Dutch

Burlington, New...
Level Contributor
239 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Difference between Resort Evening and Resort Casual attire?

We just returned from SRC and it was extremely hot, my husband wore khaki shorts, polo or light weight collared shirt and dockers shoes. Completely acceptable for all SRC restaurants. One night we ate at the Pavillion and he was wearing jean shorts. I saw man with camo shorts and a t-shirt.

Wash DC
Level Contributor
74 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Difference between Resort Evening and Resort Casual attire?

One word, Linen, and lots of it. Linen pants and shirts are perfect and some closed toe sandals. Everything breathes you stay cool and you look good, its a win win.

9. Re: Difference between Resort Evening and Resort Casual attire?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:19 am, September 27, 2009