Its only 5 weeks before we return to Jamaica and disaster has struck. Our holiday plans which we made 5 months ago are in ruins. This morning I received a telephone from my travel agent telling me that we could not take our holiday to Jamaica as the airline had failed to book us on the flight. We were due tofly from Manchester to Montego Bay on July 25 with My Travel Airways for two weeks at Sandals Montego Bay. However, even though we booked this on Feb 4 My Travel have not reserved our seats and now the plane is fully booked.
These are the facts.
1. We cannot get another flight
2. We cannot go on other days as my wife is a teacher (so we cannot travel any earlier due to term times) and I cannot book my holiday leave any later as other staff are on leave.
3. Sandals Montego Bay is our choice, great location, great people, great diving and dive team, great food, marlin fishing, wonderful country, great facilities, plus we went last year.
4. We dont want to go anywhere else.
I've been offered a full refund (great option - NOT - try booking a holiday with just 5 weeks notice) or alternative destinations (Sandals Cuba (we went 2 years ago) or Sandals Halcyon Beach St Lucia which we dont want as we want Jamaica.
This is what I'm left with
1. Prospect of no holiday - No fault of my own
2. Destinations we don't want - No fault of my own
3. A wife quite rightly very upset and in tears - No fault of my own
4. 5 months of planning now down the drain - No fault of my own
5. Nowhere to celebrate our wedding aniversary. - No fault of my own
6. Threat of physical and mental exhaustion as we wont get a holiday - No fault of my own
7. Stress - No fault of my own
8. No options - No fault of my own
I want some answers as why this can happen. Has anyone else suffered this fate recently, can you offer any advice.