We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

March or May

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Utah
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
March or May

We are planning our 2nd trip to SSB, which month would be better, the middle of March or the first of May. We are trying to stay away from the big spring breakers in April. Please advise.

Reynoldsburg, Ohio
Level Contributor
937 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: March or May

I travelled the first week in May. Saved because it was not during the busy season and there is just enough people in the clubs and around town not to feel overwhelmed. Places were busy (tours, clubs, bars) but not to the point they were overcrowded.

And the rain.....hardly at all to none the week I was there although forecasted it probably sprinkled for about 5 minutes and then it was hot and sunny again. Up in the mountains it rained for maybe 10 minutes and that's it.

lincs,uk
Level Contributor
86 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: March or May

hi, we're marryin on same date at ssb but mere told most spring breakers head to negril !! help !!

WILKES BARRE PA.
13 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: March or May

Crazytogoagain,

WHY should I change my weddingmooning for a bunch of SPRINGBREAKERS lol // there fore if ya want to go there in March then do it. My fiance and I booked our weddingmoon for March, the Travel agent told us that spring breakers are there in Jamaica in March thru beginning of April or middle .. They told us not to worry about them that in the SANDALS RESORTS or COUPLES you wont find them staying there .. so the only place I may run into them is if we go on a tour somewhere .. oh well as long as I dont have to deal with them the whole 8 days im there lol .. I was in Jamaica about 8 yrs ago in Montego Bay stayed at Sunset Beach .. lovely resort i liked it there .. I say go back in March // May, I hear is rainy I was there in June and it was hotter then ever and a bit rainy here and there .. I say go in March hey what the heck why let a bunch of springbreakers ruin that for ya .. good luck !! i'll be there heck with them lol :-)