We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to go in Montego Bay?

USA
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Where to go in Montego Bay?

Five friends, all male, are going to Mo Bay in July. We are looking for the best places to party. Any help would be appreciated. We are staying at Ironshores Estates, so info on that would be cool too. This is my first trip and after reading ya'll posts...I can't wait! Thanks to everyone in advance, the info you guys have posted convinced me about Jamaica. Thanks again....

Cuenca, Spain
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
Level Contributor
9,909 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to go in Montego Bay?

Hello Maddawg58,

As soon as you check into your hotel ask the clerk for a local MoBay newspaper.

This will have the publicity of all events taking place while you are there.

Sometimes the action will be at a hotel, other times it will be on the beach somewhere.

There is an area called The Hip Strip which has action night clubs like,

margaritavillecaribbean.com/locations_monteg…

www.Coralcliffjamaica.com

Margaritaville and Coral Cliff are the in places to be.

Fantastic Beach that sometimes has live band music at night. http://www.doctorscavebathingclub.com/

Have fun!

Caribbean
Level Contributor
399 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to go in Montego Bay?

There are sooo many things to do in Montego Bay. You can start by going to www.montego-bay-jamaica.com/ for the official guide to Montego Bay. You may also visit www.visitjamaica.com or www.attraction-jamaica.com to view some other fun stuff and let us comment on the ones that seem interesting to you. Johhny suggested two of the top hang out spots in MoBay and those are must-do's...the options I gave are just additional things to do during the day.

Drink Responsibly!!!

phil
Level Contributor
325 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to go in Montego Bay?

Also check out The Brewery, a little more of a Jamacian crowd, a lot of fun.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
153 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to go in Montego Bay?

Margaritaville is cool! We loved it! There is a slide from the top level into the ocean, where there are trampolines and a floating platform. Soo much fun. Enjoy!

Philadelphia, USA
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to go in Montego Bay?

I'm going to mobay in July too (17th - 24th). The red stripe reggae sumfest is going on that week so you definitely gotta hit that up if you're there. http://reggaesumfest.com/

USA
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to go in Montego Bay?

enigma, we will be there at the tail end of the fest. From the 21st to the 28th. I believe it ends on the 22nd or 23rd. Next question for ya'll. Has anyone done any surfing on the island. Any places that are near mo and won't get a beginner killed. Thanks again.

Hollister...
Level Contributor
84 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to go in Montego Bay?

Which villa are you staying at? Our group just got back and we stayed in Ironshore villas.

Get your Cuban cigars down at Rainbow souvenirs in the Blue Diamond shopping center. Scotchies has GREAT jerk.

Follow the locals to the best party!

USA
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to go in Montego Bay?

we are staying at Sunshinevillas, "Top Notch" Villa, leave in two weeks. What was Iron Shores like? Is there a club house/bar and stuff to do on the estate. Thanks for the info on the cigars....just got back from Iraq and I smoked a lot of cubans.

Hollister...
Level Contributor
84 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to go in Montego Bay?

Thanks, soldier!

Part of our group stayed in Ironshore this trip, but I stayed in a villa on the other side of town. Ironshore is an upscale suburban neighborhood, very reminiscent of something you might find in the states. There is(was) a golf course there, but it's a neighborhood, not an estate. I've stayed at Pink Hibiscus, and our guests last week stayed at Kenwoodville and Villa Royale.

The lowest cab fare anyone got to town was $10, but she was cute. They'll probably ask for at least $20.

Villas are the way to go, you guys are going to have a BALL. Get to Negril!

Jackson, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,156 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to go in Montego Bay?

Since you'll be staying in Ironshore you should definitely check out Detox. It is a dance club located in Iron Shore that mostly locals hang at. The last time I checked it was still in business as I heard ads for it on the radio. Also check out Pier1, Jerky's, and Scotchies. On the hipstrip Margarittaville is good on their theme nights but expensive, the bobsled cafe has good food & decent pricing, and there is also a new bar next door from Margarittaville but I haven't been there yet.