We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday Inn Sunspree Jamaica

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Topic
Holiday Inn Sunspree Jamaica

Anyone going to the HI, Montego Bay last week of July? We're going as a family of 5. Two adults, 3 teenagers.

Looking forward to it, but some mixed reviews- last pictures on this site dated June 12 didn't look to promising....... but vacations are usually what you make them....

pennsylvania
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday Inn Sunspree Jamaica

Hi Netti

I am going to Montego Bay HI Sunspree on Monday June 20th .I just looked on this site and saw the same pictures as you and I must admit they are a little dis-heartning. I hope it's all better when we go. I won't be paying much attention to the "little" things but was it me, or did those pictures look as if a lot of work needed to be done at the hotel? Ah well, I guess we will hope for the best .

Peace and Blessings

Illinois
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday Inn Sunspree Jamaica

Hi,

My husband and myself will be staying at HI from June 19-26 and are hoping that all the negative info is over played. Like you the last one had pictures that were a bit hard to ignore. I guess you have a little more time to hope for repair work to be completed.

I guess we will try to make the best of it.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
50 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday Inn Sunspree Jamaica

I read that review and saw those pictures. Those pictures were taken last October when the hotel was doing renovations. I go to the HI Sunspree every year and have never had a problem. I haven't been since they renovated but I will be there on July 14th. As far as the review, don't believe it. I like Bingo. You win bottles of rum. Karaoke I can do without. But it does get funny sometimes. People think they are the next American Idol. I like fast food. When I'm hungry, I want it fast!! The main restaurant is buffet style so you get a variety. The hotel is not dirty. In fact, it is very clean. Don't worry about anything. Just remember to smile and be friendly. You will get the same in return.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
158 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday Inn Sunspree Jamaica

Does anyone know what the dress code is for all the resturants?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
50 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Holiday Inn Sunspree Jamaica

All of the restaurants are casual attire except for one. I can't remember the name of it. If you want any info on the HI Sunspree go to www.montegobayjam.sunspreeresorts.com It's their web site but for some reason they don't advertise it. The web site has just been updated with all new photos from after the renovations. Make sure to check it out because it has lots of info. You can even book tours directly through them.

Freeport, NY
Level Contributor
21 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Holiday Inn Sunspree Jamaica

You can read my review on this hotel here.

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g147311-d209…

In a nutshell, it really wasnt very good. If your kids were younger they would have a better time as it seems that the resort cater to the pre-teenie boppers. I did not notice many teen or adult activities at the hotel.

Wow, actually just thinking about it has gone and depressed me...read the review, it says it all.

Freeport, NY
Level Contributor
21 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Holiday Inn Sunspree Jamaica

Ok, so I just checked out the reviewer from Jun 12, I was there about 2 weeks before him/her and in all honesty there were no construction going on besides building a few new gazebos on the beach. The pool was open and ALWAYS full of kiddies, and the grounds was relitivly clean. The staff however was old as jesus and had no sence of humor or style. An all inclusive hotel should have more than 5 different bottles of liquor. I spent about 10min with the bartender telling me "we dont have that" I got upset and just told him to suprize me....he served me a stawberry daquri.

I am a firm beliver that vacations are what you make of them, I've gone against a few trip advisor reviews and took a chance (Holiday inn - Rome is an excellent hotel) but the natives are right on the ball with this one...this hotel (for a 28 year old couple) suxed.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
108 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Holiday Inn Sunspree Jamaica

My friend and I will be staying at the Holiday Inn from June 16-19. I am just looking forward to the trip to Jamaica!! Neither of us have never been. We are going to make the best of the resort and just have fun. I won the trip on a local radio station and couldn't be more excited!! I will write a review when I get back. Has any of you ventured out to Margaritaville or to do any shopping?

Hartford, WI
Level Contributor
546 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Holiday Inn Sunspree Jamaica

You can shop right across the street. walk out the main entrance and across the road. To your left you have the stores with souveniers, etc and to the right is a craft village. We went shopping over there once or twice and my wife took the kids back 1 or 2 more times to get more stuff.

Margaritaville - went there, done that, would not go back. Not my style. Free shuttle from HI. Free Kamikazee shots the night we went (watch out they are UNBELIEVABLY strong. I think they are made with Everclear) Margaritas are $7-8 each and not worth it. I prefer to go to drink at the local bars. About $1 for a RedStripe or a rum & Coke. And its more fun.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
158 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Holiday Inn Sunspree Jamaica

Hey guys,

I just read the last review on HSS, and they said the hotel won't let you use prepaid phone cards from the hotel!!!!!! Now what is up with that! Is that true? Hope someone knows, i have been working on this issue for a long time and THOUGHT i had this worked out. Thanks for any info