We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandals Monetego Bay for Singles

TN
Level Contributor
40 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Sandals Monetego Bay for Singles

Hello All,

I am trying to gather opinions from you all that have been to Jamaica more than once. I am a new comer to the islands and want to make the best and most out of this trip. I know that you all have voted for Single Women to stay at RDMB, YET I don't think that is my first chioice. We are looking for a very nice resort where we can relax, be on a nice beach, a up beat atmosphere at night if we chose not to leave the resort, good food, just us girls, and money is not a issue! We want to stay at a nice resort in MOBAY, away from the strip and hustle & bustle of things, yet be within 30-45 mins driving to the city if we decide to go into the nighlife of MOBAY.Have any of you or do you know any females that came as a group that stayed at Sandals Mobay? What are the thoughts on this?

TNDIAMOND

Kansas
Level Contributor
152 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandals Monetego Bay for Singles

Sandals is truly a resort for couples. It is an absolutely wonderful place to stay but would not recommend it for a group of single women.

CAN
Level Contributor
20,770 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandals Monetego Bay for Singles

ditto to above poster.

Coyaba maybe.

Cherry Hill, NJ
Level Contributor
6,651 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandals Monetego Bay for Singles

Breezes Runaway Bay meets almost all of those requirements except it is about 1 hour - 1 hour 15 minutes outside of MoBay.

Other than that, I would agree with RDMB.

Enjoy!

Stevens Point...
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sandals Monetego Bay for Singles

Sandals is couples only and will not permit "gay/lesbian" couples. As a result single women are out unless traveling with an equal number of single men.

I personally enjoyed Breezes Runaway bay, it would be fun for a group of active women. Its an older resort but has undergone a recent revamping.

Centereach, New York
Level Contributor
1,607 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sandals Monetego Bay for Singles

kegnmeg you are incorrect. Although I do not recommend that a group of single men or women stay at SMB, Sandals does allow same se_ couples. It was years ago that they made a point of not allowing it.

Quebec
Level Contributor
294 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sandals Monetego Bay for Singles

Sandals is for couples (of any kind) in love?

Cherry Hill, NJ
Level Contributor
6,651 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sandals Monetego Bay for Singles

Sandals does not discriminate, but keep in mind they only have king beds, so you would have to share.

Kansas
Level Contributor
152 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Sandals Monetego Bay for Singles

As seen in our last couple trips to Sandals they now allow "gay/lesbian" couples but they are truly the exception.

TN
Level Contributor
40 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sandals Monetego Bay for Singles

JUST FYI :

We are not "gay/lesbian" couples... SImply put, we are 4 single ladies that want to experience a luxurious resort and go at night ti party! We plan on going to HEDO for a night.

TNDiamond

montreal
Level Contributor
11,515 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sandals Monetego Bay for Singles

Especially if you plan on doing Hedo for a night I would say your absolute BEST choice would be to either stay at Grand Lido Negril (next door to Hedo II) or as suggested above, stay at Breezes Runaway Bay (next door to Hedo III)

Either of those would be absolutely perfect for what you're looking for.

Breezes Runaway Bay has free day/night passes to Hedo III, although GLN doesn't have "free" passes, they're often free or very reduced for women.

Personally I don't care for Mobay anyway and either way you're looking at just over an hour drive.

Blessings and respect, ENJOY.

Steve