We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

August weather

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Virginia
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Topic
August weather

Yes, I know.. so many weather posts.

I'll be travelling with my best friend to stay at RDMB 8/22-8/26. Yes, hurricane and rainy season, but I'm trying my absolute best to keep in mind that it will be Jamaica, it will be a vacation, and to just relax.. but I want some sun, too! Anybody been there during that time frame who could give me an idea of how much rain there was? If it's like Florida where there's an afternoon storm for a couple hours and then the sun comes out again, that's great. And I know we'll find ways to enjoy ourselves even if it does rain the whole time.. but some reassurance helps!

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
645 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: August weather

Michelle,

We've been to Negril and Ocho Rios in late August several times and have never been rained out. Generally, you can expect some mid afternoon thunderstorms (and they can be quite spectacular!), but usually by nightfall the stars are out. Just try to get your sunning in during the morning/early afternoon and you'll have no problems.

But, one word of caution ---- it's HOT in August. Take along plenty of sunscreen, drink lots of water to keep yourself hydrated, and maybe alternate between sun and shade. The August sun in Jamaica is brutally strong and sun stroke is no fun. As an RN you'll know what kind of precautions to take.

Have a great trip! : )