We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Early Check-in at RDMB

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
244 posts
82 reviews
Save Topic
Early Check-in at RDMB

Looking at visiting Royal Decameron Montego Beach in August. Out T/A has us arriving at 10:30 in the AM. What will we be able to do until our rooms are ready at 3 PM. I am booking the AI package. Do they give out wristbands? Will they let us begin our vacation when we arrive? Will we be able to visit the bar and use the pool upon our arrival?

Peoria, Arizona
Level Contributor
427 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Early Check-in at RDMB

You have to sit in the lobby until 3:00pm checkin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No wrist band , you can't get anything!!!!!!!

Okay, pick yourself up off the floor, I was having a silly moment! Yes you will have access to the resort, pool , restaurant and bar. Have a change of clothes in your carryon and start vacationing. Depending on what day/time you arrival and if the resort is full will determine when you get your room, it might be ready as soon as you checkin or you might have to waite a couple of hours, "no probable, Mon", you're in Jamaica.

I'll be at RDMB, 5/27-6/5, I normally get at RDMB at 7:30am! The longest I had to wait was 2 1/2hr. I haven't been to the resort since the new owners and a complete remodel, it will be like going to a whole new resort.

Take it nice and easy,

Gil

Illinois
Level Contributor
453 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Early Check-in at RDMB

Hello, Gil my boyfriend Jeff(21) and myself Tonisia(26), will be at RDMB 6/1-6/4 celebrating my 27th birthday, hope to see you there.

Oregon
Level Contributor
89 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Early Check-in at RDMB

We just got back from RDMB last week. We arrived around 11am and they had a room ready and gave us our wristbands. Its hit and miss depending on time and day of the week you arrive. Over the weekend there seemed to be a lot more people checking in and waiting for their rooms.

-Reby

Buffalo, NY
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Early Check-in at RDMB

i stayed at RDMB resort the end of march to early April, it was truly the best vacation ever! to answer your question we arrived at the resort at 11 and had rum punch in our hands, our suits on and were on the beach before 12! as we boarded the bus to get to the resot we were given a wrist band and labels for our luggage for the staff to bring up! some people we meet along the way didn't get as lucky as we did, but keep in mind, "your in Jamaica mon, no problem!" also just have your suit in your carry on just in case, the staff will gladly get you set up while you relax on the beach! Enjoy and let me knnow how everything went!

Peoria, Arizona
Level Contributor
427 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Early Check-in at RDMB

Shortandsweet801,

Cool! Is this your 1st time to Jamaica? Any plans for day trips to see places off the resort? We like to get other guests and rent a taxi for the day and go! You'll find us by the pool bar!

Respects,

Gil

Connecticut
Level Contributor
212 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Early Check-in at RDMB

I had planned onbooking my flight seperate from the hotel-I see it was mentioned about getting on a bus from the airport. Does anyone know how much a taxi would cost from the airport or is there a way I can pay for transfers seperately? I'm now thinking maybe I should book them together-what do most people do-book through a ta,Expedia or a place like that or through the website? Thanx

State College, PA
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Early Check-in at RDMB

I just returned from RDMB. I was there from 5-1 through 5-5. We received our wrist bands and were able to eat, drink and swim, however our room wasn't ready until 6 PM. We also arrived at 10:30 AM. You were able to have access to the resort it just got annoying to keep checking back to see if our room was ready. There were 8 of us (4 rooms) and none of them were ready til that time.

Illinois
Level Contributor
453 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Early Check-in at RDMB

Hey Gil, no this will be my 8th trip to Jamaica. I will be at the RDCC in Runaway Bay from May 18th to May 25. We are thinking about doing the Sunset Cruise, on our trip to Montego Bay, maybe on June 2nd.

I can't remember your name, sorry. But to answer you question about a taxi from the airport. You can get a taxi for 15 dollars. I book my air flight and resort stay seperate, all the time its cheaper. But you can add a transfers(taxi) to your airfare for about 20 dollars.

Illinois
Level Contributor
453 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Early Check-in at RDMB

Hey Gil, no this will be my 8th trip to Jamaica. I will be at the RDCC in Runaway Bay from May 18th to May 25. We are thinking about doing the Sunset Cruise, on our trip to Montego Bay, maybe on June 2nd.

I can't remember your name, sorry. But to answer you question about a taxi from the airport. You can get a taxi for 15 dollars. I book my air flight and resort stay seperate, all the time its cheaper. But you can add a transfers(taxi) to your airfare for about 20 dollars.

indiana
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Early Check-in at RDMB

My husband and I will be at the RDMB on June 1 to June 4. First time at RDMB, but third time in Jamaica.