We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Upgrading rooms, candlelight dinners, Rick's Cafe

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Keswick
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Upgrading rooms, candlelight dinners, Rick's Cafe

My husband & I are booked June 2-8/07 for our 25th wedding anniversary, we went to Montego Bay for our honeymoon and this is our first time back since then! Can anyone let me know if you can upgrade rooms upon check in. Right now, due to the price, I just booked a deluxe room, but I think I want to upgrade from the reviews. Also, does it cost money for the candlelight dinners and is it worth it? Has anyone gone to Rick's Cafe in Negril, is there a tour for this?

Indiana
Level Contributor
10,649 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Upgrading rooms, candlelight dinners, Rick's Cafe

What hotel are you going to? That is pretty important.

As for Rick's, I would not take a trip to Negril just for Rick's. It is an over-priced tourist trap that has lost all of the charm that it used to have since it was rebuilt after the storm a few years ago. I WOULD take a day trip to Negril in general, though. Spend some time on 7 mile beach and then work your way out to the cliffs for sunset and dinner. Check out Pirate's Cave (a bar/restaurant) that is much more laid back than Rick's.

Have a great trip!!!

Indiana
Level Contributor
10,649 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Upgrading rooms, candlelight dinners, Rick's Cafe

I forgot to add to the PM....

I am not familar with upgrading procedures at Sandals Resorts. I would suggest just calling them at their toll-free number on their website.

I have heard of people (not necessarily Sandals) just giving the front desk people $50 or so and getting a 'free' upgrade.

3. Re: Upgrading rooms, candlelight dinners, Rick's Cafe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:20 am, August 31, 2009