We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just wondering...

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Baltimore
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Just wondering...

I've noticed that the majority of posts that I've read on this forum are from Canadians. Do Canadians and Jamaica have a special connection? I've never been to either place and would love to go to both. They both look like very beautiful places.

Baltimore
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
21. Re: Just wondering...

crazdtow,

It's amazing what you find out about people when you're sitting at the swim up bar :) You find out a lot more than where he/she is from, I can tell you that!

joshlufsgirl,

See you in Jamaica! 3 days to go!!

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
468 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Just wondering...

It was the direct flight from Halifax to Montego Bay that convinced us to choose Jamaica over all the other Caribbean destinations we'd been researching. Less than five hours, gate to gate. Anytime we can avoid a flight change at Toronto, we'll do it.

However, it's the Jamaican people themselves who've convinced us we have to return. Generous, friendly, laid back, and with a dry, understated sense of humour. A lot like Maritimers, in fact. That might be why the pull is so strong.

Downingtown...
Level Contributor
2,277 posts
1 review
Save Reply
23. Re: Just wondering...

Yeah I've heard that theory alot, the non stop flight issue. Alot of people will make choices based upon that and I understand totally.

Stephie: I guess I didn't spend enough time at the swim up bar :)

Downingtown...
Level Contributor
2,277 posts
1 review
Save Reply
24. Re: Just wondering...

Yeah I've heard that theory alot, the non stop flight issue. Alot of people will make choices based upon that and I understand totally.

Stephie: I guess I didn't spend enough time at the swim up bar :)

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
468 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Just wondering...

You have to keep in mind that winter travel in Canada and the northern U.S. is always subject to adverse weather conditions. Delays caused by snow or freezing rain are a regular occurrence. The fewer flight changes you have to make, the less chance there is that you'll end up spending part of your vacation sleeping on a bench in an airport departure lounge. So a direct flight to a vac destination can increase its attractiveness considerably.

Level Contributor
641 posts
1 review
Save Reply
26. Re: Just wondering...

Actually Jamaican Tourist Board figures show that 80% of stay over visitors are from North America about 10% is from Canada the rest is made up of mostly UK and German guests. These figures will no doubt change once all the new resorts presently being built are completed. RUI resorts increased arrivals from Europe dramatically and no doubt Iberostar and Bahia will help those figures increase also.

Glacier National...
Level Contributor
182 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Just wondering...

I too like the direct fligts from Montreal.

When traveling with kids, it makes it much easier as well!

Pittsburgh Pa
Level Contributor
124 posts
1 review
Save Reply
28. Re: Just wondering...

Stephie76,

Aren't you going to RDMB? How long are u staying? We will be there on May 9th. Two party sisters from Pittsburgh.

Baltimore
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
29. Re: Just wondering...

I am, but we leave on the 9th. Just a short getaway. I'm the one passing my hangover to you on the way to the airport as you arrive and we leave :) HAHA

30. Re: Just wondering...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 am, August 31, 2009