We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breezes or Sunset Beach Resort?

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Winston Salem, NC
3 posts
Save Topic
Breezes or Sunset Beach Resort?

My Fiance and I are getting married next month. We are flying to Jamaica and would like to hear from anyone who has stayed at either of these locations recently. Which is better?

Also, we are both dancers and would like to know if both have rocking discos.

phil
Level Contributor
325 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Breezes or Sunset Beach Resort?

Breezes is 10 thousand times better, the food, the atmosphere, and the parties, the guests are a lot of fun, the staff is great! Sunset Beach is more family oriented, a lot of kids, food was terrible, resort is pretty much dead by 11:00.

Solihull, West Mids
Level Contributor
843 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Breezes or Sunset Beach Resort?

Hi have never been to Breezes but we stayed at SSB two years ago and really loved the resort. It was our first trip to Jamaica and we really had a great time. Could not fault anything about the resort whatsoever, great staff, great food, great entertainment, great rooms. Also they provide a free shuttle to margarittaville in Mo Bay so you can party on down till the early hours if you want. We really loved it, did not find it over run with children at all. It was great.

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
645 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Breezes or Sunset Beach Resort?

If you're going to stay at a Breezes, make sure to book the Breezes in Runaway Bay. It's light years better than the one in Montego Bay. They have a good disco at BRB, but how rocking it is will depend on the crowd at the resort when you're there.

Happy Travels!

Columbia, Pa
Level Contributor
176 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Breezes or Sunset Beach Resort?

i stayed at Breezes Mobay and had the best time of my life......... The staff was so great and treating you so wonderful.. The bartenders knew the drink you wanted after only one day.. and called you by name.. It was great. Entertainment staff was so funny and so wonderful and sooo respectful.. I loved Breezes and would recommend it for anyone.....

US
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Breezes or Sunset Beach Resort?

I stayed at Breezes a few weeks ago and I had a blast. The staff makes a big difference. Hurricanes disco is fun especially during the toga and pajama party. And Margaritaville is right around the corner (about 5-7 mins. walking distance). And since you're going with your fiance - check out the Couples Game (can't remember which night it was).

But Breezes was definitely great.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Breezes or Sunset Beach Resort?

Seems like everyone was a little late with a post to help her. Seems the post was made Nov 2004 and first reply was July 05. Well its still helped me on my hotel choice...Breezes