We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

little girl drown at holiday inn sunspree

newyork
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
little girl drown at holiday inn sunspree

does any one know about a little girl drown at the holiday day inn around easter week i am nervous about bringing my grand daughter there.

Brampton, ON
Level Contributor
1,405 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: little girl drown at holiday inn sunspree

i dont know anything about that case, but children can drown anywhere. i wouldnt in any way hold it against the hotel. parents need to watch their children at all times, especially around water.

USA
Level Contributor
163 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: little girl drown at holiday inn sunspree

Yes, on March 30th and there was implied blame on the hotel for not having the proper live-saving equipment. An American Fireman/EMT who worked on her said it was no fault of the hotel.

Kids drown in the US all the time.

You need to watch your children anywhere, especially around water. Don't let that sway your decision to go to Jamaica.

newyork
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: little girl drown at holiday inn sunspree

Thanks for the info i wont let that stop me from going to jamaica i wanted to know the details.

Thanks again

Pattybe

California
Level Contributor
121 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: little girl drown at holiday inn sunspree

An amazing thread that somewhat adressed this issue. Please read:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147309-i69-k11716…

Jackson, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,156 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: little girl drown at holiday inn sunspree

Very sad to hear tragedies involving children.

newyork
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: little girl drown at holiday inn sunspree

I still want to know where were the life guards and the kid family i heard the little girl live in jamaica

USA
Level Contributor
163 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: little girl drown at holiday inn sunspree

What does it matter where she lived? Or if she was Jamaican?

It's not going to happen to your Granddaughter if you are cautious. Send a privtae message on TA to "profyter70" if you need to know all the details. Don't know why it's so important.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
4,423 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: little girl drown at holiday inn sunspree

True enough, the hotel will have the equipment required under Jamaican law. If you take your kids it is ultimately up to you to keep an eye on them.

And yes, kids drown every day all around the world. Not only in Jamaica.

Hemet, California
Level Contributor
5,883 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: little girl drown at holiday inn sunspree

This is a tragedy that breaks my heart. We just have to remember that so much can go wrong so quickly. We don't want to get to the point where we are figuring out how well the emergency equipment work.

10. Re: little girl drown at holiday inn sunspree

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:20 am, August 31, 2009