We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Word of warning.............

scotland
Level Contributor
362 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Word of warning.............

I was due to leave Scotland Monday for 2wks at the Rosehall Resort, have just had a phonecall, my holiday to the Rosehall has been cancelled! 2days to go & I'm now sitting reading up on Negril as I am being sent there instead! (Beaches Negril) Dont know what like this hotel is or what like Negril is! The reason for this is being blamed on the construction work at the hotel, so to anyone with trips booked with the Rosehall in the immediate future I would check that you are still going to be going where you have booked for!

Vicki

Jackson, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,156 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Word of warning.............

Vicki,

You may be pleasantly suprised. Beaches is a pretty popular a/i in Negril. Also Negril is a great spot for first time visitors.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
762 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Word of warning.............

You will LOVE Negril. Please don't look at this as a disappointment at all - look at it as a blessing. I can't speak from experience of staying in Mo Bay as my first vacation to JA last Christmas was in Negril (and I'm going back again this year). But I drove through MoBay 4 times and I'm am sooooo incredibly unbelievably extatically happy that I stayed in Negril and not MoBay. Sounds like you've already been reading up on things to do so you've got a great head start. Ask a few questions and the experts will be happy to help you. You're going to have a fabulous time!!!!

Springfield, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,787 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Word of warning.............

looks like you got upgraded! you're going from a hotel that is from $130 a night to beaches which the cheapest you can get there is like $500 a night! I would be VERY happy :)

Bodega, California
Level Contributor
14,587 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Word of warning.............

Wow, what's up with this? Second post concerning a move to Negril! I personally love Negril but if I was booked to stay in MoBay I might take issue with being re-booked in another place. It's like being booked in San Francisco and being moved to San Jose....

That said, Beaches is a family property...people like to bring their kids there, very kid friendly. If you are bringing kids you should be ok but if this is an adult vacation be prepared for lots of little ones being around.

Level Contributor
1,454 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Word of warning.............

RHR is not in MoBay, but, in Rose Hall, about 20 minutes east; I would take the advice & make the best of it, which should not be a problem at all; enjoy, it's all good.

Annapolis Md
Level Contributor
322 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Word of warning.............

Hi, You got a good deal. Beaches Negril has the best beach, plus you get to use the facilities at Beaches Sandy Bay and Sandels. The beach is so big you won't see many kids unless you go to the water park. The resort is really big and nice. The ride there is really nice to. The road is all paved and you can get there in about 1hr and 20 mins. Depends on who is driving and how many stops. Negril has alot of things to see and good shopping at time square. Have fun!

Punta Gorda, Florida
Level Contributor
2,646 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Word of warning.............

Be thankful...you are going to love the switch!!

8. Re: Word of warning.............

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:22 am, August 31, 2009