We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Some more ????'s about SSB please

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
nyc
Level Contributor
309 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Some more ????'s about SSB please

Hi everyone,

We were just wondering if children are given different color wrist bands from the adults at SSB? We have a few daughters that look older then they r and were wondering if they would be served alcolholic bevs without ID? Even though we are on top of them-LOL. A 15 yo girl can pass for 18, so we were curious how this is handled by the staff and hotel. Any other thoughts on SSB would be great. Have a great weekend all.

Cherry Hill, NJ
Level Contributor
6,651 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Some more ????'s about SSB please

We did not have any wristbands at SSB.

They may be served beverages IF they ask for them.

I guess there's a couple of ways to handle this:

1) Tell your daughters not to drink

2) Point them out to the regular bartenders and tell them they are not to be served

3) Let them drink in the hot sun, get sick and hungover and then see if they want to drink again.

Enjoy!

Glen Mills, PA
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
5,529 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Some more ????'s about SSB please

Adults get a different colored band. I took my three high school kids there in Feb. The issue becomes when the high school kids make friends with others, and one of them is 18...lol

Cherry Hill, NJ
Level Contributor
6,651 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Some more ????'s about SSB please

When did they start using bands?!?!?

Downingtown, PA
Level Contributor
420 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Some more ????'s about SSB please

we had bands on november of 05.

my daugher's was different than ours.

nyc
Level Contributor
309 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Some more ????'s about SSB please

Thanks for all the replies. Still not sure about the bands, but got a real chuckle about letting them drink and get sick. Wouldn't do that tho unless they really deserved it-lol. Can't wait to be there. Only 9 months to gooooooooooooooo!

Hemet, California
Level Contributor
5,883 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Some more ????'s about SSB please

Children do get a different color wrist band. The drinks are made virgin then alcohol is added to the adult drink. Once I ordered drinks for the entire family and accidentally gave my 11 year old son one of the drinks with the booze. I am surly going for mother of the year. Keep in mind this is moderately priced resort so don't go expecting 5 star luxury. It a place to have fun with the family and enjoy some amazing sunsets. If you wish to be close to the water park request the West Inn.

new york
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Some more ????'s about SSB please

Hey Kooljammin- that is soo funny-- I appreciate your time. We are going to go with a laid back attitude and not expect 5 star. BTW- we requested the INN through our TA but were told only can guarantee room type. Will ask my TA to request West Inn anyway:-)

Windsor, CT
Level Contributor
79 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Some more ????'s about SSB please

Yes, SSB does have wristbands. Children get purple colored wristbands and adults are orange. I also have a 15 year old daughter who could pass as 18, and once during our stay the waiter at Banana Walk did not look at her wristband and brought her an alcoholic pina colada. We just simply told him and he brought her the correct one. However, this was the waiters' first night working at Banana Walk,(new staff) so it was understandable. The bartenders at all bars are very good about looking at the color of the wristbands. So, no problem mon!

9. Re: Some more ????'s about SSB please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 pm, August 30, 2009