We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time to MoBay with family

Toronto
2 posts
Save Topic
First time to MoBay with family

Hi! I'm hoping you could help me. Looking to travel to Jamaica next month (leave on May 5 or 6) with the family (2A and 2 Kids). This would be our first visit to the island, and am looking at finding an affordable AI in Montego Bay because of its proximity to the airport.

Our family's priorities are an amazing beach, great food, and family activities. We are not picky travellers, but expect cleanliness and good service.

The Sunscape Cove seems to fit the bill and the budget; however, the beach area looks quite small. This is the same for the Holiday Inn--great price, but small beach.

The Hilton Rose Hall was also under consideration until I realized that the kids are charged a daily fee of $75USD each per day at the hotel.

If anyone could provide some other AI recommendations, that would be great.

5 replies to this topic
United States
Level Contributor
13,406 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time to MoBay with family

"am looking at finding an affordable AI in Montego Bay "

Can you define the meaning of the term 'affordable' in terms of US dollars per night? Rooms run up to $us1500 per night in Montego Bay resorts. Is $us1000 per night in the 'affordable' range for you? or are you looking for some other price range?

"priorities are an amazing beach,"

Montego Bay is not known for amazing beaches.

"the beach area looks quite small."

The Sunscape has one of the longest beaches in Montego Bay. It is about 650 yards long.

"other AI recommendations, that would be great."

:Look at the Iberostar Beach.

Jackson,NJ
Level Contributor
11,665 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time to MoBay with family

Would pick Sunscape over the Holiday Inn. Jewel Runaway Bay would be better than both but probably will not be in your budget.

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
599 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time to MoBay with family

I would choose sunscape over holiday inn. The beach is good and very close to airport. There is also the water park for children. Just my thoughts but beaches are not really large in Montego Bay. The iberostar properties may be of interest - I have not stayed there but the beaches are suppose to be good according to friends.

Edited: 7:22 pm, April 05, 2018
Connecticut
Level Contributor
12,814 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time to MoBay with family

The Sunscape Cove beach is some 1800 feet long if you also count the beach for the Sunscape Splash, which you can use, too.

Both Sunscape and the Holiday Inn are budget all inclusives. Your kids will love it (either one — burgers, hot dogs, fries, chicken chunks, soda; waterpark); adults may find the place just ok.

Jewel Runaway Bay and RIU Montego Bay might be better options if within your budget. At least you are traveling during the low season. Do know that May is a rainy month (first rainy season).

roxbury, ma
Level Contributor
9,772 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: First time to MoBay with family

Look at Jewel Runaway Bay & Iberos tar Rose Hall.

If you have 5+days I'd head to Negril. Great rates in May. Look at both AI & non. Not knowing your budget look at these range of properties -Treehouse, Skylark, Travelers, Grand Pineapple, Crystal Waters Villas, Bar-b-barn. Many others to look at as well

PEACE!

Reply to: First time to MoBay with family
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted