We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunspree: questions about kid's club ?

NJ
Level Contributor
208 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Sunspree: questions about kid's club ?

Hi !

I'm a little confuesed about the kid's clubs, activities, ect... I know that kids eat, stay and play for free. Are there any supervised kid's programs where we can leave our three year old and eight month old baby to be watched ? Wondering if there are fees for this or not. Thanks :)

Michigan
Level Contributor
101 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunspree: questions about kid's club ?

The kids club is open from 9:00 a.m. until around 5:00 p.m. each day, closes for the dinner hour, and it opens again around 7:00 p.m until 9:00 p.m. The kids club is divided by age group, 6 months to 4 year old in one area, and the older kids in another. There are planned activities each day, such as face painting, games, tie-dying a t-shirt, pool time and other fun stuff. There is no extra fee for this, but we have always tipped the people who watch the kids. My kids love going to the kids club there. When are you going?

Preppy

NJ
Level Contributor
208 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunspree: questions about kid's club ?

We are still doing research on a few resorts. I know we stayed at the Sunspree in the Bahamas years ago and didn't like it at all. I am a little reluctant in booking there again... This resort in Montego Bay looks real nice though. Reviews look good also. It's either Sunspree, Sunset Beach or another resort in Punta Cana. Our trip won't be until the first week of Jan. '08. Just like to book months ahead of time :) Do you have any suggestions about these resorts ? We have never been to Jamaica but would love to go ! Been to Mexico a few times and want to try something new.

Thanks for the info :)

CAN
Level Contributor
20,770 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunspree: questions about kid's club ?

FDR Pebbles I believe comes with a nanny. Starfish trewlawny is also a family resort to be considered. Enjoy

Independence...
Level Contributor
485 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunspree: questions about kid's club ?

We have stayed at Sunspree two times with our sons. We loved it and would like to go back even though they are older now. Our youngest who was 7 one year and 8 the next loved the kids' club. Our oldest who was 11 then 12 loved the "Just Kiddin'" grilll. He was constantly eating. The younger one also loved going the movies at night in the kids club while we enjoyed the entertainment after dinner. They posted a schedule so you could see what was going on and our younger son would go when they were doing something he wanted to be a part of. When we were there, they would do things on the stage like hula hoop contests, ball throwing, root beer drinking, limbo etc. If the kids were not in the kids' club they were still allowed to participate. The staff was really wonderful with the kids.

We also were at Starfish for three days. While the water slides were great, they charged for the child care and the children were all quite a bit younger and there were hardly any in the program at the time. My hubby and oldest were also approached on the beach to buy drugs. We left.

Our kids are older now 11 & 15, but they still want to go back.

Fairhope, Alabama
Level Contributor
211 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunspree: questions about kid's club ?

preppy, (or anyone who can answer ??!)

I noticed you said SSB has an area in the kids club for ages 6 months-4 years. Does that mean they are not strict on the kids being potty-trained? I know you all think I am harping on this subject but I am kind of getting worried that we will be out of luck for our 2 year old going to the kids club! Not that we don't want him with us, but a break would be nice!!!!!

Michigan
Level Contributor
101 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunspree: questions about kid's club ?

Hi,

I can only comment on Holiday Inn Sunspree, not SSB. The kids are divided into groups according to age. Ages four and younger are in one area, potty trained or not, and kids aged 5 -11 or so have a seperate area. I think there should be no problem with your younger one not being potty trained, as there are plenty of much younger children than yours cared for in the kids club. As a side note, we just returned and they recently renovated the kids club. Put in more windows, added computers and really made it very appealing to the kids and parents alike. I have nothing but praise for their fantastic kids club.

Preppy

7. Re: Sunspree: questions about kid's club ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 pm, August 30, 2009