We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best beach

Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best beach

Which resort in MB has the best beach? Negril seems a bit far from the airport for us.

6 replies to this topic
North Lewisburg...
Level Contributor
975 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best beach

I’m not quite sure where you are flying from and how long your day travel day is going to be. The drive to Negril really isn’t that far. The beach in Negril is beautiful . It is also different then any you will find in the States. The drive is pretty as you see the ocean a big part of the drive. Going through the little towns are interesting. It also gives you time to connect with your driver and learn about Jamaica and the people that live there. If you really want a nice beach the drive to Negril is so worth it.

United States
Level Contributor
13,232 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best beach

"Which resort in MB has the best beach?"

The two best Montego Bay beaches in my mind are at Half Moon and at the Iberostar complex.

Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Best beach

Thank you! We fly in from buffalo with a layover in ft lauderdale, so it isn’t a long travel day at all.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
1,719 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best beach

I LOVED the beach at Sandals Montego Bay - it was lovely and so calm. Morning swims were quiet and serene.

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best beach

There is no operational definition for ‘best beach’. Therefore it is impossible to answer the original question.

Middletown, Ohio
Level Contributor
650 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best beach

I would second anarock_travel's suggestion of Sandals Montego Bay. The beach was recently extended. It's a lovely walk, and has calm waters for swimming.

Reply to: Best beach
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted