We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Secrets St James/Wild orchid room types

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
144 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Secrets St James/Wild orchid room types

We are looking to book either of these two resorts and am wondering if the ocean views are any better at st James vs wild orchid? Also which property/room type has the Jacuzzi tubs on the balcony? Thanks!!

6 replies to this topic
United States
Level Contributor
13,232 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Secrets St James/Wild orchid room types

"We are looking to book either of these two resorts"

There is only one Secrets resort in Jamaica. The two names have been attached to two sections of the same hotel based on which part of the resort you are in.

"am wondering if the ocean views are any better at st James vs wild orchid?"

About the same in both sections of the hotel.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
6,180 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Secrets St James/Wild orchid room types

The best views are the preferred club at WO. Try to get a higher floor.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
144 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Secrets St James/Wild orchid room types

I wasn't planning on booking the preferred club. Does the preferred have the Jacuzzi on the balcony?

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
25,473 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Secrets St James/Wild orchid room types

I stand to be corrected on this but I believe that only the Preferred Club suites have the tub on the balcony. All suites have a jetted tub INSIDE the suite but you have to upgrade if you want the outdoor one.

This is based on my knowledge of other Secrets resorts (in Mexico); I don't have personal experience with respect to St.James/Wild Orchid.

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
6,633 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Secrets St James/Wild orchid room types

Hola is correct---preferred have the tub on the balcony. Regular rooms do not. Best OV is as stated above---preferred WO.

I don't know the dates you are going but we find the tubs on the balcony to be useless. it's way too hot ---even at night outside to use them.

Mechanicsburg...
Level Contributor
1,860 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Secrets St James/Wild orchid room types

I'm with bbgamer on WO PC having the best views. I've stayed on the top floor, and it's terrific.

As far as the outdoor tubs go, the PC rooms have a "soaker" tub. Basically just an outside bathtub with a faucet, and hand held wand, and a drain. The Master Suite and Presidential Suite categories have a true jetted Jacuzzi type tub on the balcony.

I also agree with the soaker tubs being pretty useless. I think the wife used it one on our first visit, but that was it. I've only ever used it to hold our food covers and used dishes while we had breakfast on the balcony. :-)

Edited: 8:23 am, August 21, 2017
Reply to: Secrets St James/Wild orchid room types
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted