We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best transportation to and from airport and Secrets St James

New York
Level Contributor
464 posts
237 reviews
Save Topic
Best transportation to and from airport and Secrets St James

We received a quote for a private transportation to and from the Montego Bay airport and Secrets St. James for $116 for 2 people. I like the idea of a private cab/ transport (not a shared shuttle bus). Two questions:

1) Would a taxi be cheaper and just as a reliable (do they have taxi's waiting at Secrets St James for our return flight?)

2) How long does it typically take to go from Secrets St. James back to the airport? Just wondering how much time I need to leave to make it back to the airport for my 12:30 pm flight back home to US.

thanks

11 replies to this topic
United States
Level Contributor
13,232 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best transportation to and from airport and Secrets St James

1 - Taxies are available at Secrets to take you back to the airport. I never priced a taxi at Secrets but I would guess that it would be more expensive than a shuttle by a wide margin.

2 - About 12 to 15 min., depending on traffic conditions. You would probably want to depart the hotel at around 9:30 AM.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
6,180 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best transportation to and from airport and Secrets St James

I used http://jcvtt.com last 2 years. Last Jan was $52 round trip and the were waiting for me with a sign. Very quick to respond.

Jackson,NJ
Level Contributor
11,665 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best transportation to and from airport and Secrets St James

Email Joe Cool taxi ( joecooltaxiandtoursjamaica@gmail.com ). He will answer within 20 minutes.

Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best transportation to and from airport and Secrets St James

Should take you about 20 minutes to get to the airport we used TCJ Tours and had a much better price than $116 and it was private, you can email them at tcjtours@gmail.com / www.facebook.com/topchoicejamaicatours

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
193 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best transportation to and from airport and Secrets St James

Cross Jamaica Tours is highly recommended. Great service and prices.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
162 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best transportation to and from airport and Secrets St James

Reggae tours are very reliable and great service. They have a stand at the airport--always have our car waiting. Drivers are very friendly. You will need to get to the airport about 2 1/2 hours before your flight. Their drivers are always early for pick up.

Jamaica
Level Contributor
68 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best transportation to and from airport and Secrets St James

Tagjamaica.com offers airport transfers to Secrets as low as $35 for 1-4 persons. I'm the Guest Services Manager you can email me at toursandgiftsja@gmail.com or click the link to send me a quick message https://tagjamaica.com/contact-us

Mechanicsburg...
Level Contributor
1,861 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best transportation to and from airport and Secrets St James

Sounds like you got a quote from AMStar (Secrets sister tour company). They are quite over priced. Check THE LIST link on this site (https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g10093…) and check out the private services. Several are frequently mentioned in this forum. I'm pretty partial to Clive's (http://www.clivestransportservicejamaica.com/), who offers a good service at a good rate - considerably lower than the AMStar service.

Reggio Emilia, Italy
Level Contributor
241 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best transportation to and from airport and Secrets St James

Contact Owen and his staff and Cross Jamaica Tours. Good services and very good rates. Safe and reliable drivers.

7 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Best transportation to and from airport and Secrets St James

Not sure if this is late for you but I just rented a vehicle from hertz for $10 for a week. Check out expedia rental prices.

Reply to: Best transportation to and from airport and Secrets St James
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted