We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi Fares

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lee
Canada
Level Contributor
263 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi Fares

Hi Everyone,

I am wondering if anyone knows what the taxi fares are like in Montego Bay, like if we are thinking of taking a taxi from Sunset to Dunn's River how much would we be looking at? We like to take our time and do the tours on our own, plus when we did this in Mexico we saved a lot of money that way. We will do some group tours, but we wanted to find our own way to Dunn's River and then hang for the day there.

Any info anyone has would be appreciated...JamaicaSteve, I thought you may be able to help with this one?!

Tulsa, OK
Level Contributor
62 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Taxi Fares

Me either, I am constantly thinking about Jamaica and what we're going to do and trying to make sure I'm taking everything we'll need. It's just impossible to work. I think it would be smart to book him in advance. He seemed really sweet. I read that we would want to go on Thursday b/c the cruise ships aren't there that day, but I think we need to find out for sure before we book him. If we do want to go on Thursday I can email Winston and ask him if he has the 11th available. What do you think?

JamaicaSteve, do you know what days the cruise ships are at Dunn's River?

Lee
Canada
Level Contributor
263 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Taxi Fares

Yeah I think the 11th would be good. I just emailed my boyfriend to fill him in and get his opinion, but 35 for the whole day is really good. i think we should leave early in the morning though, seeing as it is a long drive and we will want to spend as much time as possible there. If we book Winston and then for some reason the weather is bad that day can we cancel? What time do you guys arrive at Sunset on Sat?

Tulsa, OK
Level Contributor
62 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Taxi Fares

I'm assuming we can cancel, especially if the weather is bad. I'll email him and ask him, and I'll make sure he has the 11th open and how early he can pick us up.

We land around 3 on Saturday. What time do you get there?

Lee
Canada
Level Contributor
263 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Taxi Fares

Ok...that sounds good!!! Thank You for looking into this. We leave toronto at 6:30 in the morning so we should be getting to the resort around noon probably.

NEW YORK CITY
5 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Taxi Fares

Thanks for the info With the cab guy winston. I think i will call him from Sandals Mobay when i get down there this weekend, I would hate to have to look all over for good rates. I was hoping someone would post about a car service. .:) (AND THEY DID). This weekend i will be there on sunday the 7th till monday the 15th. All the information has been great on my other posts for help. I will also leave a full review of Sandals Mobay resort after i get back to let people know from a laid back new york city guy type of view how it really is with NO BS!!!!!!! Alot of reviews on here on resorts are from very picky/stuck up people, I hope you all Keep a clear mind when you go away to montego or anywhere else on the islands and have the best time without being worried !!! YAAAAAAA MONNNN CANT FREAKING WAIT!!!! Honeymoon here we come!!! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeEeEeee