We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rdmb vs starfish trelawny

tulsa
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Topic
rdmb vs starfish trelawny

Ok...it's time for us to make a decision on where we are staying. I've heard great things about both of these resorts. What are the differences? It will be my husband and myself, we are in our late 20's. And another couple in their early 40's. Are both all-inclusive?

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
898 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: rdmb vs starfish trelawny

Hi Dazed,

When I first decided to travel to Jamaica, I narrowed my search down to RDMB and Starfish. For some reason, RDMB was my pick and I couldn't be happier. They say things happen for a reason. RDMB is AI; I'm not sure about Starfish. Wherever you choose, have a great trip!

CAN
Level Contributor
20,770 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: rdmb vs starfish trelawny

For singles/couples without kids...RDMB and if beach is not hugely important.

For families and if beach is top priority...Starfish.

Starfish is much bigger and has more dining onsite options. RDMB has other dining/nightlife options within walking distance.

Starfish is closer to Dunns River Falls and Luminous Lagoon.

RDMB is closer to the airport and Negril.

IRIE

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Level Contributor
3,826 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: rdmb vs starfish trelawny

If the kid issue is of concern i would go RDMB. There are not many kids at RDMB. Starfish will have more children there. Also if you are into the night life RDMB wold be a good choice. You can walk to much of it and they also have free shuttle's to the clubs. Starfish is too far out. I dont think there is much around it.

Just keep in mind as the last post says RDMB is a smaller resort, and smaller beach. Personally I like the size, it makes it really easy to meet others and make friends fast!

My neighbor went to starfish and loved it, so Im sure it would be fine, but myself I would pick Starfish if I was taking my children!

montreal
Level Contributor
11,515 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: rdmb vs starfish trelawny

I agree with much of the above, but I'd add a few things...

To be honest both resorts will have children, and although Starfish has more facilities and fun for the children the reality is that the difference in amount of children is practically unnoticeable. (ie if there are 15 children at RDMB, there may be 20 at Starfish...) If you want to avoid children altogether, I don't think you should choose either. Again though, UNLESS you go during Christmas or Spring Break, there really aren't "that" many children anywhere you go. Also worth noting that at Starfish with the Kids Club and the expansive property and facilities, you can always find lots of place where there are no children, and the Starfish beach is about 25 times the size of the beach at RDMB so even at capacity, there's always tons of quiet beach space too.

As far as location goes, I personally MUCH MUCH prefer the location of Starfish.... That's mainly because I myself don't care at all for the busy city and RDMB is right there on the main road. I don't like being so close to the airport and cruise docks as they also add to the noise and pollution. Those who are into high-pressure shopping and busy nightlife might enjoy it much more, as there are several "hot-spots" right in town. That said, there IS actually a nightclub literally directly across the road from Starfish.

Both resorts are all-inclusive, Starfish has the added bonus of having two EXTRA gourmet restaurants on site which are a cut above anything you'll find at any similar level a/i, so if you want something extra special, they're available for a small surcharge (10-15$ per person).

Blessings and respect to you, Enjoy Jamaica!

Steve

5. Re: rdmb vs starfish trelawny

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:19 am, August 23, 2009