We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RDMB or smb?

Boulder Colorado
Level Contributor
244 posts
Save Topic
RDMB or smb?

so many good things said about RDMB, did we make a bad decision with SMB? Are they comparable? Is RDMB and AI resort?

thanks

CAN
Level Contributor
20,770 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: RDMB or smb?

RDMB is an a/i resort yes.

I don't think the resorts are comparible but I also don't think you made a bad choice either.

RDMB: -

-every room is ocean view - don't need to upgrade to get ocean view

- very few kids if any

- walking distance to hip strip (it's on the hip strip)

SSB:

- has a water park

-is a family resort

down side...you must get cabs to go anywhere else.

It's in Jamaica. It's about 15-20 mins max from the airport. It's affordable. Enjoy!

Boulder Colorado
Level Contributor
244 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: RDMB or smb?

ssb? can you compare them for me with SMB instead? :) thanks

3. Re: RDMB or smb?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:50 am, February 16, 2007
CAN
Level Contributor
20,770 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: RDMB or smb?

LOL....man my reading is getting worse daily. So sorry! You did ask for SMB my mistake. LOL. Sorry about that! IRIE

Centereach, New York
Level Contributor
1,607 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: RDMB or smb?

SMB is an outstanding resort. It is very clean, very well landscaped, great beach, excellent food, and wonderful staff. Haven't been to RDMB so I can't comment as to a comparison, but I do not hesitate recommending SMB to you. Regardless of what some people's "political/social" views are about the Sandals Corp., the people that work there do everything in their power to make sure you have a great time. You will be able to be as active or as inactive as you care to. I have been there five times and love the resort. No worries. Enjoy! If you would like pictures or have any other questions, let me know.

CAN
Level Contributor
20,770 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: RDMB or smb?

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g147311-d151…

This is one persons review. As I've said...many love it there. But it's not for everyone. IRIE

Centereach, New York
Level Contributor
1,607 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: RDMB or smb?

I agree 100%. Everyone has different likes and dislikes. The reviews following that one are all very good to excellent. Good luck!

Boulder Colorado
Level Contributor
244 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: RDMB or smb?

there is such a big price difference between the two. so was wondering if were over paying for SMB and RDMB would have been same thing... doesn't matter now,, the deed is done :) thanks all for you input

9. Re: RDMB or smb?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, August 18, 2009