We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RDMB or Point Village in Negril?

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Grangemouth...
Level Contributor
474 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
RDMB or Point Village in Negril?

Hi my family and I are considering booking another trip to Jamaica this year - we have narrowed the choices down to Royal Decameron Montego Beach or Point Village in Negril

Has anyone been to both of these hotels?

If so what are they really like?

Which one would you recommend for a family of 4 (2 teenage kids)?

Are they both worth the money?

Are the negative reviews of both hotels correct or is it just certain travellers being very picky?

Please help as we've to make that all important decision very soon!!!!

toronto
Level Contributor
787 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: RDMB or Point Village in Negril?

I would choose Point Village, hands down.

its right in between 7 mile beach and bloody bay

CAN
Level Contributor
20,770 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: RDMB or Point Village in Negril?

with 2 teenage kids I would choose Point Village.

RDMB is more of an adult place.

Up side of Point Village; condo units and it's in Negril

Down side: a bit iscolated and have to take a cab to most other places you'd want to go.

They are both BUDGET places on the accommodation $ scale. Yes they are both worth it imo.

RDMB being the cleanest hotel in Montego Bay.

Point Village being affordable in Negril. Enjoy

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Level Contributor
3,521 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: RDMB or Point Village in Negril?

Been to Negril but not Point Village. Is it an AI?

As for the negative reviews on RDMB. I often read these and wonder Did you stay at the same place I did?? Are these people used to a five star?? A few years ago I thought the front desk gals were a little rude but the last time i went they were great! Some frineds of mine that went had a few issues with there rooms but your NEVER in them. And as for that the resort moved them to a new room the next day, problem solved!!

I have thought about taking my teenagers to RDMB myself. I think it would be great.Personally I wouldn't take small kids. I would want my teens on a resort that is AI and guarded like RDMB. I wouldn't want them wondering up and down 7 mile beach. Its a great beach dont get me wrong, but just wouldnt like all the "locals" hounding them, you wont have this at a resort like RDMB.

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,635 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: RDMB or Point Village in Negril?

Considering all the other "helpful" advice given by 'Lost" on this forum, I guess you'd have to go with RDMB. While RDMB may not be the better of the two hotels, I don't think a recommendation by "lost" would be one I'd go with.

RDMB is a great propertyby, the way. I think it really depends on if you want Negril or Montego Bay.

CAN
Level Contributor
20,770 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: RDMB or Point Village in Negril?

LOL anod

I totally agree!

My recommendation was based soley on the 2 teenagers...imo much more to do in Negril than Montego Bay for beach/healthy choices if you know what I mean. ONE LOVE

CAN
Level Contributor
20,770 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: RDMB or Point Village in Negril?

Hey marylynn.....yes Point Village does have a/i option.

toronto
Level Contributor
787 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: RDMB or Point Village in Negril?

hey withresp......thats a nice picture under your name

Llanberis, United...
Level Contributor
112 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: RDMB or Point Village in Negril?

We have just got back from RDMB, nice place & accom. Service terrible constantly over booked. Food poor quality, bar staff sullen, & very poor guality beer & drinks which are served in small plastic cups, they are reluctant to top-up the drink.

customer liason officer (Naomi Cambell lookalike) walks around as if there is a bad smell under her nose & is very ignorant to guests. Go to Negril.

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
1,399 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: RDMB or Point Village in Negril?

Sorry you had a bad time at RDMB. I'm heading there in March and have heard nothing but great things about this resort! I find people that say negative things about resorts are simply looking to hard, or don't know how to have a good time. Did you post a detailed review? I'd be interested in reading it.

Cheers,

Jonii

Birmingham/uk
Level Contributor
9,038 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: RDMB or Point Village in Negril?

One thing I like about PV is you get do not get "the "locals" hounding them" as stated and there is the option of AI or Self Catering.