We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best rooms at Sunset Beach Resort and Spa

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
BC, Canada
Level Contributor
144 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Best rooms at Sunset Beach Resort and Spa

We're two couples going in March for a 50th Birthday, and we've booked 2 oceanfront rooms.

Does anyone know which rooms would be best for the ocean view? Is there a difference in the 2 buildings?

Thanks!

Glen Mills, PA
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
5,526 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best rooms at Sunset Beach Resort and Spa

My three kids and I are going to the SSB on Thursday. I have read pretty much every post on SSB since November, and everyone says stay in the East or West wings, not the towers. The towers are supposed to be kind of loud at night.

We oceanfront rooms too, and I'm calling the resort on Monday to try

and reserve two rooms in the East or West wing.

BC, Canada
Level Contributor
144 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best rooms at Sunset Beach Resort and Spa

Hey thanks, cebakes.

Have a great trip and please post when you get back.

We've booked kind of last minute, so we haven't done the research we normally would.

Cherry Hill, NJ
Level Contributor
6,651 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best rooms at Sunset Beach Resort and Spa

The East Inn is best for people without kids. The West Inn is nearer the waterpark and good for people with kids.

The Inns are two=story buildings separated from the rest of the resort.

We love the East Inn.

georgia
Level Contributor
14 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best rooms at Sunset Beach Resort and Spa

is that ocean view, or garden view rooms.

georgia
Level Contributor
14 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best rooms at Sunset Beach Resort and Spa

sorry about that...is it Resort View,Bayview,Oceanview,Oceanfront,Oceanview Junior Suite,One Bedroom Suite. THE WEST WING?????there are so many rooms....

georgia
Level Contributor
14 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best rooms at Sunset Beach Resort and Spa

when i just called ssb, they said they would put a notation in for a room overlooking the waterpark, but i wasnt gauranteed that room. i see on all the sites about expedia and cheap carribbean.....all the room types,and located in a 10 story tower.....what area am i looking for when i want a quiet room in the west inn?how can i get the room i want.....

BC, Canada
Level Contributor
144 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best rooms at Sunset Beach Resort and Spa

Sorry I should have mentioned, we've paid for 2 oceanfront rooms. We're not bringing kids, looks like the East Inn is the best for us?

Cherry Hill, NJ
Level Contributor
6,651 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best rooms at Sunset Beach Resort and Spa

Sinder absolutley right for you!

Enjoy!

Cherry Hill, NJ
Level Contributor
6,651 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best rooms at Sunset Beach Resort and Spa

dapice,

the best way to get the room you want is to :

have your preference noted on your reservation noted prior to arrival - which you already have done -

and ask very politely when you are checking in if they are able to homor your request.

A "loaded" handshake doesn't hurt your possibilities either....

Have a great trip!!

New York
Level Contributor
5,520 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best rooms at Sunset Beach Resort and Spa

As far as the best rooms, it depends on what you like. I stayed in the towers last April. I was on the 9th flr and yes I have to admit, it can get pretty loud. But I got used to it. I kinda like going to sleep with the music playing.

The west wing is nearest to the waterpark and the east wing is closer to the nude side of the beach. As far as oceanview. The west and east wings have ocean view and partial ocean view.

If I can explain it correctly, the two wings are shaped like "L"s with the room windows facing one another. There is a path in between the two buildings which goes to the beach. If you look off your balcony you can see the beach but at an angle. But there are some rooms that do face the water. I hope I explained it well.

At first I was upset when I arrived because I asked for the west wing but after that I was glad I was in the towers because it was in the center of everything. I looked off my balcony and can see when breakfast, lunch or dinner was ready. And watch the cruise ships come in.

Have a great time.

Harlemgirl