We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gay Visitor to Kingston

Ireland
Level Contributor
21 posts
176 reviews
Save Topic
Gay Visitor to Kingston

I recognize that this is a sensitive issue in this country but I want to visit Jamaica ...

I would like to see if there are any gay friendly hotels in Kingston that I could stay at while I base my self there for a few days.

I am traveling alone and am not overtly 'gay' but would prefer to be able to stay somewhere that I believed was tolerant.

I have read all the negative reviews about the homophobia in Jamaica so please do not further add to that unless you have some specific helpful advice.

Thank you

kingston
Level Contributor
648 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gay Visitor to Kingston

There are lots of homosexuals in Jamaica including Kingston. many are well known & respected. What usually starts reaction are persons having sex in the public bathrooms or other sexual behaviours in public.

Going about your business will not be a problem

2. Re: Gay Visitor to Kingston

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, August 12, 2015