We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place to watch LIVE reggae bands

Which Kingston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best place to watch LIVE reggae bands

Im gonna be on kingston on March and i want to know where are the best places to see Reggae Live bands..nigthclubs? some bar?

thanks

nacho

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio
Level Contributor
12,628 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best place to watch LIVE reggae bands

Sometimes Red Bones Blues Cafe has reggae: http://www.redbonesbluescafe.com/events.htm

If you want something rootsier you can travel a bit east of Kingston to the Jamnesia Sessions, I believe that is 2x a month: …webs.com/jamnesiasessions.htm

I'm sure others will have more options, I've been to Red Bones for reggae and would like to visit Jamnesia next time I'm in the area.

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Best place to watch LIVE reggae bands

thanks OHLIZ

Way up North
Level Contributor
111 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Best place to watch LIVE reggae bands

do you mean reggae bands or dancehall/reggae sound systems? Reason I am asking this question is that there are very few reggae bands anymore...and reggae bands that play in nightclubs are really old school.

Name a few of your favourite "reggae bands" to give us a better idea of what you mean, please?

Edited: 9:00 pm, January 31, 2013
Kingston, Jamaica
Level Contributor
35 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best place to watch LIVE reggae bands

jamnesia is every other saturday, hard to track. Redbones, studio 38 both in new kingston

5. Re: Best place to watch LIVE reggae bands

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, April 19, 2014