We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bump on the Road-Bus Service

Which Kingston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Topic
Bump on the Road-Bus Service

I'm taking full use of this forum. Thank you all for the responses to my multiple questions. Here is another one, just found out that the Knutsford Express' latest bus out of Ocho Rios back to Kingston is 2:50pm despite their schedule page stating it is 6:30pm which really puts a wrinkle on our plans of traveling from Kingston to Ocho Rios and back in one day with enough time to do the Zion Bus Tour from Chukka Caribbean. Does anybody know of any other bus services like Knutsford Express? Like their competition? I found the rate for the trip very affordable. Any suggestions?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,736 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bump on the Road-Bus Service

how did you find out about this discrepency? there are different schedules for different days of the week (weekends being limited) so if it's word of mouth it'd be good to find out what day this person was traveling on...

i've not heard any complaints of them not offering scheduled routes....

i don't know of any servcie comparable to knutsford, there are local bus that go from Ochi to HWT, which would be even more affordable, but not nearly as comfy.. they'd run more frequently but i'd expect them to take longer...

Chelle

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio
Level Contributor
12,882 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bump on the Road-Bus Service

Contact Knutsford directly to confirm, they've always answered me promptly.

Kingston, Jamaica
Level Contributor
2,581 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bump on the Road-Bus Service

The only bus alternative is as Chell describes, except it won't go to Half Way Tree, it will go Downtown. Late in the day, some drivers may take you to The Parade to save them paying the Bus Park fee.There are plentyy of taxis there to complete your journey. If they are returning to Ochi, busses will terminate at the small bus park furthest from The Parade, by Edward Seaga Mini Stadium. It's not a long walk from there to The Parade, but it can be intimidating for some people.

San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bump on the Road-Bus Service

Ohliz,

Do you have a direct email address for Knutsford besides the contact form on their site?

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio
Level Contributor
12,882 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bump on the Road-Bus Service

It's older, been awhile since I contacted them, but I had email exchanges with harrylindley@yahoo.com and mobayone@yahoo.com about the schedules.

Edited: 7:50 pm, July 20, 2011
6. Re: Bump on the Road-Bus Service

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, October 10, 2012